Netflix on Humax HDR Fox T2

Simple answer is no.

Only BBC iplayer is supported, no ITV hub, All 4 ...

The simplest way around is to get a cheap Now TV box for when you want to watch something from an online source

Simple answer is no.

Only BBC iplayer is supported, no ITV hub, All 4 ...

The simplest way around is to get a cheap Now TV box for when you want to watch something from an online source

I usually watch netflix on my raspberry pi with kodi and the netflix plugin. I just wondered if it would work on the T2 as I tend to get buffering through the pi.
Netflix works fine on my Humax DTR-T2100. The T2 is getting on a bit now, had it 5 years. it has been a good machine.

I picked up an Amazon Fire TV thing, which has apps for Netflix along with catchup for all the main channel providers. No need for the portal anymore.

I just wondered if it would work on the T2 as I tend to get buffering through the pi.
What makes you think you wouldn't get buffering on the T2 (if it had the capability, which it doesn't)?
The T2 is getting on a bit now, had it 5 years. it has been a good machine.
What does this even mean? It does everything now it did then. What exactly is "getting on a bit" and what effect does it have?

"Getting on a bit" means 5 years old. "It has been a good machine" means that it has done everything that it was designed to do reliably for 5 years. And the effect that it has is that it is just no longer capable of doing what the OP wants it to do and what more recent recorders do 'out of the box'.

To me "getting on a bit" implies it's declining in its abilities. This is not the case here. It still does whatever it was designed to do as well now as it did then. You wouldn't expect it to do what is wasn't designed to do (CF etc. not withstanding) or what anybody might want or expect it to do now.
I think it's unreasonable to label the device as "getting on a bit".

To most people, I suspect, "getting on a bit" is age/capability (not declining capability, but absolute capability when compared with up to date stuff) related. (Do we want to discuss or have a poll on this in the Arms?).
You wouldn't expect it to do what is wasn't designed to do (CF etc. not withstanding) .
That's a bit of a contradiction in terms because I do expect it to do stuff that it wasn't designed to do by use of the CF, and the OP was just asking if something else was possible. When the answer was 'no', he then said that it was getting on a bit because it is 5 years old and won't/can't do the stuff that the more recent (and I mean chronologically) boxes will do without the addition of CF unless you consider the various apps to be CF.

Five years is quite a long time in technology terms and components such a hard drives do tend to start failing, the HDR Fox T2 certainly doesn't have the Portal functions or extra tuners of the more modern boxes which would usually make you consider replacing rather than upgrading an older machine.

But it does have the customised firmware and all the many features that continue to be added to added which are not available on the newer boxes.
The CF is so valuable to many people that it is worth forgoing the feechurs of a new machine and to replace hard drives when necessary.

Getting on a bit means it is old and no longer supported and updated with apps like netflix. still the T2 is a good workhorse. I will keep using it until it dies.

As for the buffering its probably related to the hardware or software of the pi not the bandwidth.

Back