Network Disconnected ?

456_andy

I am am new here, had my hdr-fox t2 1TB for a few months now and it is running the customised firmware.

It has been connected to my router via a LAN cable, all good too.

Yesterday and today I have not been able to connect to the internet. I checked the settings and it say the network is disconnected.
I have completed a cold start and also changed the cable to a different port on my virgin media super hub... still the same problem.

Any ideas ? #

Thanks

If another device connected to the same RJ45 (plug on the end of the Ethernet cable) finds the network without any changes, it would appear to be a problem with the Humax.

I have tried creating an IP conflict, and the Humax does not then report "Network connection is unplugged" (in fact it doesn't care). The only thing I can think of (if the upstream checks out OK) is that the Humax Ethernet adapter has died.

IIRC another case of this has been reported previously (although it is not recorded in the faults topic).

http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/humax-faults-v-serial-number.688/

Tried new cable.
Tried connecting new cable to laptop and that couldn't connect so I thought yes, router fault.
Reset router and now laptop connects using the ethernet cable (using same port on router).

So I tried again on the humax, still no luck. Factory reset the humax, still no luck.
Repeated all again, still no luck.

Thanks so far for the help. Would a reinstall of the firmware help ?

Well new firmware does work either so I guess it is faulty. Will try and find my receipt and return it to argos ?

Well new firmware does work either so I guess it is faulty.
In my opinion this is a hardware failure, so no, reflashing the firmware will do no good.

Will try and find my receipt and return it to argos ?
Phone Humax support, they'll probably arrange a swap. Although your legal rights are with the retailer, Humax have a good reputation for customer service (by phone, not email), and I postulate it costs them less than handling a faulty goods return via the retailer.

Please add your details to the faults topic.

Back