network dropping

freelander

hi
long time since i have had to post but need some help, i have my humax connected to my router by powerlines
, i can start a film playing threw the network from my pc but it will stop playing after 20/25 minuets saying network connection lost , i can press play and it will start again from the begining till it gets to 20/25 mins and it happens again
windows 8.1 with classic shell ,servio media software and used windows media player and both the same ,
any ideas please its driving me nuts

Have you tried using VLC ? Either the standalone PC app, and 'Open Network Stream' using the DLNA URL from the webif Media Details, or directly from the webif browser via the VLC plug-in. Both of these options work fine for me on recordings well in excess of 25 minutes. May help to give you some idea of whether it's a network problem or not. (I use powerline adapters too).

film length varies from 1.5 hrs to 2hrs 15mins network disconnects at virtually 25 mins every time
I'm trying to establish how many megabytes of data 25 minutes represents. There may be a bug somewhere in your overall system which crashes the connection after (say) 2GB - these things have been known.

thanks for your replys

its an HDR FOXT2 software is 1.03.12 updated feb 7 2014 , this has only just started, used to play perfect before, been connected for over a year iplayer and portal work correctly ,it only happens when streaming a film films vary from 688mb to 2.5gb ,its manly xvids i am playing

Ah, so the PC is the server and the HDR-FOX is accessing content using Media >> Storage >> Network - I didn't get that from the OP. I would start by (temporarily) eliminating the HomePlugs from the equation.

There used to be a fault in the DLNA client which prevented it exceeding the 4GB point, but that was fixed ages ago and I have not seen any similar complaint about 1.03.12.

I know this May sound silly but does your PC have built in Bluetooth? If it does I had the same problem with my windows 8.1 laptop. Tried to stream content from my laptop to other devices but my wireless connection on the laptop kept cutting out. I turned off Bluetooth and didn't have the problem again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i think i have found the problem this is what i was playing
ViDEO: 1100 kbps XviD
RESOLUTiON: 640x272
RUNTiME: 2h45m0sec
SUBTiTLES: N/A
AUDiO: 128 CBR mp3
size 1.45gb

i converted to
video mpeg4 1500kbps
audio mp3 192kbps

i used AVS video converter 8.3 and the film played