Network mount Humax on Mac

Hi I have the custom firmware installed and Samba is turned on. I thought I should be able to access the files by connecting via smb://ipaddress on my mac but I can not get it to work.

Any ideas?

Hi I have the custom firmware installed and Samba is turned on. I thought I should be able to access the files by connecting via smb://ipaddress on my mac but I can not get it to work.

Any ideas?
I know diddly about Macs, but "can not get it to work" doesn't exactly give a lot away does it? :(

It is extremely difficult to offer any suggestions without knowing exactly what you did and exactly what happened as a result.

I know nothing about Macs but there is a lot of information you can find via Googling, say, "mac nfs client"

When you tried to connect to the Humax NFS server, what address did you use? I ask because on my Ubuntu system the address I use is 192.168.1.200:/mnt/hd2, rather than just 192.168.1.200 (where 198.168.1.200 is the static IP of the Humax).

As I remember I just installed the Hummy NFS package on the HDR. That was all I needed to do. I didn't install the Hummy portmap package - mainly because I couldn't find it on the list of available packaged - so perhaps it has been rolled up into the Hummy NFS package. (As I use Ubuntu Server at as a client, I also had to install "nfs-common" there but that is for Ubuntu, not a Mac.)

Last edited:
Back