Network-shares-automount issue

I think it is the 'folder=' field that is the problem. In Windows Explorer if you look in network, you should see the root of the NAS listed as a network location, if you click on this you should see the shared folders. If the folder 'video' is there as a share, set the entry on the Humax to 'folder=video'. I think this is case sensitive too.

I think it is the 'folder=' field that is the problem. In Windows Explorer if you look in network, you should see the root of the NAS listed as a network location, if you click on this you should see the shared folders. If the folder 'video' is there as a share, set the entry on the Humax to 'folder=video'. I think this is case sensitive too.

Thanks you. Its working now :) Amazing.

I don't know a lot about mkv files but they have been discussed a fair bit on this forum. Take a look here and here. It may be possible to make them play on the Humax by remuxing or converting the audio stream.

i'm remuxing now using tsmuxer. Doesn't take too long. Just that pretty much everything I have is MKV which is a bugger!! lol

Ok just finished and tried it on the humax. Video works fine but no sound after the remux. Doesn't like DTS codec. Don't see anyway to change that in the program either. So close!!! Grrrrrrr.

Last edited:
It's a bit of a long shot, but I would try simply re-naming an MKV to AVI, just to see if that is enough to persuade the Humax to play the file 'as-is'

You can re-name a file on a windows computer from the file editor, right click on a file and select rename

Last edited:
How do I do that? just checked the most obvious place the rename function and the file properties. No luck in there.
You have to display file extensions by default (which I would recommend anyway, I don't like the OS hiding things from me) so that files are shown as named (eg) xxxxx.mkv - then you can just edit "mkv" to "avi".

If you don't display file extensions, a file can masquerade as (eg) "readme.txt" when it is actually "readme.txt.exe" and run a nasty.

Yes but that only changes the name to what you want, not the actual file it is. id have to convert it to make it an avi.
Yes, but sometimes it is sufficient to fool the player into not giving up at the first hurdle, and then the player works out to do with the actual data in the file anyway. Eg rename .ts to .mpg.

You have to display file extensions by default (which I would recommend anyway, I don't like the OS hiding things from me) so that files are shown as named (eg) xxxxx.mkv - then you can just edit "mkv" to "avi".

If you don't display file extensions, a file can masquerade as (eg) "readme.txt" when it is actually "readme.txt.exe" and run a nasty.

Sorted that little problem, changed it from MKV to AVI. Still nothing same old cannot support format message.

I think the audio format is a problem. I don't think it will play DTS, you will need to convert the audio (AAC or DD?) but may get away without transcoding the video stream.

changed to .ts result was on DLNA loaded a blank screen but no error message. Stayed like this but didn't crash or do anything funny.
on mounted usb virtual drive, straight out refused with the normal error message.

its definitely the audio. Most things I download are DTS or AAC. Dolby Digital should be ok as the HDR has Dolby Digital on the top of the box.

So how do I change the audio format without changing the video?

Not sure what software you need, is there anything in the links I posted earlier. Does it not cope with AAC either? I thought that Freeview hi def programmes are encoded with AAC audio.

there has t0 be some way of getting this to work. I tried to use universal media server earlier. It recognises the humax as a popcorn hour server. But when you try to view the actual files within the subfolders it crashes the box then reboots. This seems to be a common issue as I looked it up on google. No one has been able to fix this problem either. One guy said use rygel but its for Linux. doesn't help us with windows OS.

Yes but that only changes the name to what you want, not the actual file it is. id have to convert it to make it an avi.
The Humax is quite happy to play a file with a changed name, I have just re-named an MP4 to MKV and re-named a different MKV to AVI, both of which still play on the Humax, however in your case it does look like you will need to transcode the audio, ffmpeg will do this

The Humax is quite happy to play a file with a changed name, I have just re-named an MP4 to MKV and re-named a different MKV to AVI, both of which still play on the Humax, however in your case it does look like you will need to transcode the audio, ffmpeg will do this

where do I find ffmpeg please? I found a copy of it online but its a bit confusing to get set up and said its a command line program. I'm rubbish at command line stuff.

Back