Network shares dropping

Go in via telnet, get to the command line and type 'opkg install webif --force-reinstall'

Doing that I get these errors

Collected errors:
* extract_archive: Cannot create symlink from var/mongoose to '../webif': File
exists.
* file_md5sum_alloc: Failed to open file /mod/var/mongoose/html/css/EXTRA.css:
No such file or directory.
* file_md5sum_alloc: Failed to open file /mod/var/mongoose/html/favicon.ico: No
such file or directory.
* file_md5sum_alloc: Failed to open file /mod/var/mongoose/html/img/fav/57.png:
* file_md5sum_alloc: Failed to open file /mod/var/mongoose/html/img/fav/72.png:
* file_md5sum_alloc: Failed to open file /mod/var/mongoose/html/img/fav/114.png
: No such file or directory.
* file_md5sum_alloc: Failed to open file /mod/var/mongoose/html/img/fav/144.png
: No such file or directory.

Seems the UPD isn't mounted correctly but it's strange because the box and CF works great from the box end. It's just the web side that's doesn't recognise the UPD.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've finally got it to work but there still seems to be a mounting problem somewhere that the HD doesn't like. In the end I had to start again as my first try was a bit of a Frankenstein install. This is what I found worked.

1. CF was already installed on the HD Fox T2 (1.02.29_mod_2.21).
2. Format UPD in windows as exFAT (I used a 32GB Transcend USB Stick).
3. Insert UPD into HD Fox T2 and power on.
4. I then tried to format the drive on the Humax using telnet as recommended in the wiki but it said there wasn't a useful drive installed (or words to that effect) so I used the settings menu on the humax to go to settings/system/data storage and this let me format the drive and then assign it as storage. After this telnet still doesn't recognise it as a useful drive (how rude).
5. Restart the box and the drive should be still mounted althought the options in data storage are now greyed out.
6. Use a browser to open the web interface and install the rest of the CF and webif. (It doesn't finish properly and can't link mongoose to webif).
7. Log in via telnet and run the assignhd and fix-webif diagnostics. You need to install another package before the assignhd will run ( I think it was e2fsprogs or similar so 'opkg install e2fsprogs' should do it).
8. Reboot and voila. It should work. At least mine does.

Thanks everyone for your help.

I think the UPD needed to be formatted FAT not exFAT. There is an exFAT driver for the CF, but the CF needs to be installed before you can then set up exFAT. The Telnet menu provides a tool to turn a FAT drive into a Ext2 drive - the Humax option formats a drive to Ext3, but that is not a good option for UPDs.

I guess that's the trouble with CF. It lets people like me think they know what they are doing (when they haven't really got a clue).
My win7 machine didn't have an option for FAT. It just had exFAT or FAT32. I tried the FAT32 first and the Humax wouldn't recognise it at all.

I'm surprised the HD Fox converts to Ext3 but I guess that explains it. The samba shares work brilliantly now so it looks like you was right (again) about the flaky drive being the cause. It still appears to work as a drive but I don't think I'll be using it for anything valuable.

Sorry, by FAT I meant FAT32. The HD-FOX should have been OK with that, but regardless what mattered was whether the Telnet menu was OK with it.

UPD: presumably you have heard of a USB Pen Drive.

Oh I'm starting to doubt if I did try the FAT32 now. I thought that was what I selected the first time I did it.

Note to everyone else: try FAT32 first.

Either way, it's all good fun.

Back