Network slow

tomnutt

Hi all new to this forum.

Recently purchased a Humax HDR 2000t (500gb).

Has anyone with the same box had problems with the network speed? It's extremely slow.

Is there a way to read a connected usb hard drive in the humax box over the ftp? I can only see recorded files.

Thanks
Tom

Thanks for the quick reply. Haha sorry yeah that would help.

The box is plugged directly into my router (bt home hub 5). Other devices do use the power line adapters .. Not sure if that will affect it though.

The FTP server is cobbled to only access the media areas of the file system. The fastest way to transfer bulk stuff is by "sneakernet" - ie plug a drive in, copy to it, then move physically.

Thanks black hole. Hopefully there will be some custom firmware to change that.

Yeah that's what I am doing at the moment just thought the network feature would be a lot better. Too slow to consider using... just hoped there might be a setting or port to open to improve the speed.

Thanks black hole. Hopefully there will be some custom firmware to change that.

Yeah that's what I am doing at the moment just thought the network feature would be a lot better. Too slow to consider using... just hoped there might be a setting or port to open to improve the speed.
So give us some idea of the speed you are seeing? Using Filezilla I am getting about 6MB/s over powerline adapters downloading via FTP. You do realise that FTP transfer will only provide you with an encrypted copy of the recording that can only be played by putting the recording back on the box? No custom firmware in sight for the HDR-2000T.

Hi Martin again thanks for response it's appreciated.

The ftp speed is ok, it's slow when browsing through the box itself. So reading files stored on my PC from the box. It's seems to say 'connecting' forever with the spinning circle icon. Response times are very slow here also?

Shame about the customer firmware... Wish I'd had gone with the FOX now.

it's slow when browsing through the box itself. So reading files stored on my PC from the box. It's seems to say 'connecting' forever with the spinning circle icon. Response times are very slow here also?
Do you mean when using the DLNA client? Could maybe be a UPnP problem on your network?

Back