Network Streaming Computer Software

In the past I've just used WMP to stream video to my HD Fox T2, but got fed up with the restricted range of formats this combination supported so I thought I'd try TVersity as it seems popular on here. But when I downloaded the latest version form their web site my virus scanner (Zona Alarm) claimed the file was infected, so I did a quick Google and found this has been reported several times before with different virus scanners, but TVersity have always claimed it's a false positive, and everything is fine.

Not wishing to take any chances, I've already had to rebuild my PC once this year following a hard drive failure, I thought I'd try the trial version of Mezzmo instead.

This installed without problem and no virus scares, and once I'd disabled media streaming on WMP the T2 found the Mezzmo server and was able to replay a much wider range of files. But then without warning My T2 came up with a Network Connection lost message. Which is odd as its a part of a LAN network, and once the initial connection has been made I've never had this problem before when streaming video with WMP.

So whilst Mezzmo seems to do the trick, I'll need to give this a bit more of a trial before buying a copy to see if this was a one off, or an ongoing problem. Of course the issue may go away, if and when Humax improve their internal video format support.

there would be no need for transcoding programs to stream to the humax, has long as the humax had better support (codecs). in some cases you'll have a lossy transcode, and your using your cpu to do that, give us better file support, at the original quality

This installed without problem and no virus scares, and once I'd disabled media streaming on WMP the T2 found the Mezzmo server and was able to replay a much wider range of files

I didn't think of that when I was trying it. I managed to crash the T2 playing wma files.

. But then without warning My T2 came up with a Network Connection lost message.
I got that several times but assumed it was due to using the wifi dongle, perhaps it's something more fundamental.

if and when Humax improve their internal video format support.

I think I saw on DS that they hoped to but I guess it's further down the line, if they just support more audio (wma, flac & wav ) I'd be happy as I could then use WMP and keep all the ratings I've entered, I don't want to have to rate all the songs again in another server and I'm not even sure if Mezzmo/Tversity can rate songs.

Back