Network/ wireless test

This may be a stupid question ( i am full of em) but is there a diagnostic test to see if wireless is working on the Humax ? Its not working and i want to be sure the box isnt at fault as it did correspond to me fitting a replacement drive. It worked after for a very brief period of time ( a few hours) and its not been working since...

If your wireless dongle is connected to your Humax and has been configured via the Humax settings screen (either with DHCP or Manually), then the simplest level of communications would be to try pinging the Humax's IP address from a computer Start >> Run >> cmd >> OK :-
Code:
C:\ ping 10.0.0.200
Pinging 10.0.0.200 with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 10.0.0.200: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=64
Ping statistics for 10.0.0.200:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
  Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms

I'm sure there's a command but I can't remember it offhand - I'll look tonight.

"iwconfig wlan0" gives some useful diagnostic information.
I had cause to use it only yesterday to see why the machine kept dropping off my Pinger and found it was grubbing about down at around 12Mb/s with the link quality, signal level and noise levels all over the place.
Changing channels on the wireless helped a bit, so I suspect interference. Bit difficult to trace further when you're remote.

"iwconfig wlan0" gives some useful diagnostic information.
I've created a diagnostic called just 'wireless' that you can run from the web interface or telnet menu to show this information, although you need some way of connecting to the box to do any of this..

Yes its going to be problematic but i need to find a way. The BT junction box downstairs isnt working so the router is plugged in upstairs ( before anyone asks its worked for years before so its not this that's causing issues), i am going to have to piggy back a few cables somehow to connect to the humax off the router.

Back