Networking Idea

They're intended to function as a 'bridge' between your wired and wireless networks, so I presume you could connect it to an ethernet switch or hub to give you some extra ports. They would probably be quite cheap, although I guess it's a waste of an extra power outlet if there are multi-port bridge devices available. Not something I've ever really looked into myself.

That's why the 3-port HomePlug with mains pass-through is attractive (if pricey).

I had a quick look at home plugs but most seemed to have 1 port, and be similar price or more expensive than the wireless access point and require a power socket at each end rather than just at the client (not pass-throughs). I tested it out last night and it streamed The Apprentice on IPlayer in HD perfectly, will test with DLNA when I get chance.

Incidentally the Sony IPlayer implementation is a million times better than on the Humax, could easily rewind and fast-forward, fast to browse and superb quality, only reason I need the Humax still connected is for RS and webif.

Back