New channel listing disaster

Backoffice

My first post here and I hope the Humax developers read this.

Various channels have just changed their number in the program listings.
i.e. All the new BBC HD channels have been re-numbered.

May be great for some who love HD on their big screens but for setting up recordings for the next day it's a disaster.

We used to have BBC1, BBC2, ITV, Ch4, Ch5, BBC3, BBC4 all on one screen in the guide.
I used to scroll through these for the next day, click on the Film genre and scroll through that, to set up recording for the next day, took probably 3 minutes.

Now look at it, what a mess when you don't want to record in HD and set up a potentially failed overlap.

I can see no way around this, apart from deleting all the HD channels and others in Menu.

Humax developers - there needs to be a favorite order genre tab on the guide menu

It's been like you describe for a long time for those who DO want to watch and record in HD. So it's now much better for us.:)
The 'developers' of the custom software have no control over what channel number freesat give the various programmes, nor is it possible to change them on the Humax box. You could do what us HD peeps used to have to do and add the SD channels to your favourites. Although I don't think that doing that will not solve your genre problem

My first post here and I hope the Humax developers read this.
This forum has nothing to do with Humax as a company.

Various channels have just changed their number in the program listings.
i.e. All the new BBC HD channels have been re-numbered.
That's the fault of Freesat not Humax.

Humax developers - there needs to be a favorite order genre tab on the guide menu
The HDR-FOX (Freeview) has favourites, and you can place services in whatever order you like in the various favourites lists, then only view the services from a particular list in the EPG. Can't you do that on Foxsat?

Unfortunately you can't view a schedule for just your favorites in the EPG on the Foxsat HDR.
Unless there's some hidden button that I haven't found in 5 years.

Agree this is probably a Freesat problem more than Humax, so I will have a moan at them as well.:mad:

I only record HD if at at all possible. I would have preferred 101=bbc1 HD. Also the ITV HD and Channel 4 HD are all over the place.

Will channel editor not allow you to make channels invisible? My TV does let me reorder a freesat favourite list for the guide and omit channels.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Channel editor will make channels invisible....but sometimes I may want to watch the invisible channels I've hidden...i.e. in HD if I hide all the HD's.
Recording in HD can be problematic.
1. 2 HD channels at the same time tends to be risky i.e. a recording might fail, I've had that on my Foxsat HDR with an SD recording failing due someone watching an HD live broadcast.
2. HD recordings take up more disk space and can't be copied out if tuned using Freesat.
What Freesat should have done, was bunch the HD channels together so numerically for those that prefer HD can see what's available without ploughing through the epg.
If they couldn't do that, then creating an SD and HD genre would improve things.
Humax need to put more functionality into Favorites...i.e. you need to see an epg for your favorites.
Sent from my 10 year old Windows XP PC using 2 thumbs and 2 middle fingers.

Future HD recordings can be made to not be encrypted by simply installing a patch designed by Nowster. This means you can them stream HD recordings to other kit on a home network. The CF also allows multiple epg customised views, no problem in using a PC to display a HD only epg or any other combination you want. There is a also a search that includes channels not shown in the current epg view.

1. 2 HD channels at the same time tends to be risky i.e. a recording might fail, I've had that on my Foxsat HDR with an SD recording failing due someone watching an HD live broadcast.
That happens with SD and HD.
What Freesat should have done, was bunch the HD channels together so numerically for those that prefer HD can see what's available without ploughing through the epg.
If they couldn't do that, then creating an SD and HD genre would improve things.
Yeah, with numbers 1, 2, 3, ...? Given they started with 101, they left space for some reason or other?

One irritation I have is that on my TV I can switch between Freeview and Freesat, and I have my favourite channels as logos on the remote, each sending the programme code. Except, if I set those up for Freesat they are wrong for Freeview!
Humax need to put more functionality into Favorites...i.e. you need to see an epg for your favorites.
Totally agree! Have they done that on the newer boxes?

Favourites works on Freetime kit except that the setting isn't sticky. You have to reapply favourites every time you open the epg (3 keypresses required). A HD genre option is also promised for Freetime compatible kit.

Back