New Firmware for Friday 4 February 2011

damn i'm away for the weekend from 7am tomorrow leaving her at home, what will the box do left in her less than capable hands. i obviously want the update to happen but am concerned that the box is rendered unuseable both from watching recorded items and also still recording what its meant to over the weekend?

am i right in thinking that if the box is not put into standby then it wont update??

not back til monday eve, when i think it'll all be over, so looks like after all this wait i'm gonna bloody miss it!!
Why don't you take the box with you, then you can attend to it.:)

When it's arrived what will we have to complain about?
All of the bugs that we find, all of the things we don't like about it, all of the things that should have been included, and how long we will have to wait for the next update.:)

All of the bugs that we find, all of the things we don't like about it, all of the things that should have been included, and how long we will have to wait for the next update.:)

<rubs hands>
Right, just about 2 and a half hours to go then, and let the moaning begin!

By the way, peeps, is there a way of starting the box looking for an update, or do we just have to leave it in standby? If the latter, what time will it start looking?

i think you can do manual software update thru the menu somewhere?
aah here it is:-

menu, settings, installation, 0000, then choose manual or automatic update

just trying mine now

delaying start of my journey cos its so stormy here in sheffiled, dont fancy driving to devon in this!! maybe i'll get to update before i set off, you reckon it'll be bang on 10 when broadcast starts??

just tried it, took about ten mins scanning but nothing found.

gonna be gone by ten, its brightening up, fingers crossed that i can update when i get back on monday, and also that its still useable over the weekend for the good lady!!

have fun everyone!

fingers crossed that i can update when i get back on monday, and also that its still useable over the weekend for the good lady!!

It will update automatically over the weekend as long as it's in standby - unless you've turned off auto-standby (or your good lady watches TV in the wee small hours).

just tried it, took about ten mins scanning but nothing found.

gonna be gone by ten, its brightening up, fingers crossed that i can update when i get back on monday, and also that its still useable over the weekend for the good lady!!

have fun everyone!
I like the use of the adjective "good" when you describe your other half... it does infer that you also have a "bad lady" who only comes out at weekends! :D

38 mins until the start of the OTA. Anyone who is lucky enough to be at home and can do the update confirm once installed whether skyplayer has been included in the release

The good news is that the version number is showing at 1.02.07 - will report if portal is present shortly (5% downloaded...)

my excuse is got made redundant for xmas, nice xmas present
30% yawn

Back