New Fox user with a few queries....

If there are changes then we'll all need to re-tune also if there are changes your recording schedule will be screwed any way. All I was doing was replying to a question and gave him the answers he was looking for. As you say you don't use favourites but a lot of us do so what's your problem.

Problem? No problem, only making sure everyone is aware of the issues and choices (as always). If somebody focuses on one particular aspect I try to redress the balance.

But you don't use favourities so once again I give someone the answer they are looking for and all of a sudden we get this beware of random retunes , I've had my machine almost 2 years and it's never had a sudden retune. I don't use scheduled recordings so when someone asks about it I let people who do use them , answer. This retune is a function of various areas going fully digital . If you live in an area that has been digital for some time they do not occur, did you mention that. I posted that 27 cured the favourite thingy you have even put it on one of your lists. People are looking for answers not fictitious problems.

Is the auto retune bug definately still there in 28? If so then that is a drawback - even in winter hill!
But my box runs smoother with 28 so that's what I'm staying on!

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Is the auto retune bug definately still there in 28?

Yes, but I suspect it's a deliberate feature rather than literally a bug (although I am sure we will continue to call it the retune bug).

Anybody wanting to know more, check out "Retuning" and "EPG Update" in Things Every HD/HDR-FOX Owner Should Know (link below).

I'm on the .20 version of the firmware. I mentioned above that I would change the reminder used to suppress OTA to use a channel other than Dave and selected from the Favourites epg to see if that would affect the start up channel. And lo - it did! Tried it this morning and up comes BBC2 and pressing epg brings up Favourites. So unless its a random error it looks like you don't need .28 to sort that irritation.
In the past I have had problems with stbs which start up on the last watched channel. If that happened to be BBC3 or BBC4 ( both off air during the day ) I would often find that the sound was missing on start up. I had to change channels then change back to restore it. Annoying if the box was set to record the first programme of the day. I haven't checked yet but assume the HDR is free from this habit.
I don't know if the HDR will be the same but ( here in Gloucestershire ) I get lots of channel line up changes via the Tivo, but as they invariably concern channels I don't watch I ignore them and only retune if something I watch goes awol.

If that happened to be BBC3 or BBC4 ( both off air during the day ) I would often find that the sound was missing on start up. I had to change channels then change back to restore it. Annoying if the box was set to record the first programme of the day. I haven't checked yet but assume the HDR is free from this habit.

It is.

I don't know if the HDR will be the same but ( here in Gloucestershire ) I get lots of channel line up changes via the Tivo, but as they invariably concern channels I don't watch I ignore them and only retune if something I watch goes awol.

Absolutely.

...This retune is a function of various areas going fully digital . If you live in an area that has been digital for some time they do not occur,...

Brianmt up to n0w that has been true. However, see my post here (http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/here-we-go-again.1948/ ) and the accompanying link. AFAIK the impact of this EPG reorganisation isn't yet known but I wouldn't be desperately surprised if it meant a full re-tune for everyone. Of course, whether that will be an OTA 'push' or just left to the users is anyone's guess!

Back