New Hard Drive time ?

Die Twice

Hi all my HD HDR FOX T2 keeps crashing every few days. I'm thinking reallocation sector count in orange is not a good thing. Tried fixdisk via telnet a number of times with no luck. I love my humax so if I need to get a new harddrive no problem, it's 3 years old is this the normal life span? Thanks
Screenshot_20180720-132742.png

System InformationWeb interface version: 1.4.3-3
Custom firmware version: 3.12 (build 3965)
Humax Version: 1.03.12 (kernel HDR_CFW_3.12)
Loader Version: a7.31

Hi all my HD HDR FOX T2 keeps crashing every few days. I'm thinking reallocation sector count in orange is not a good thing. Tried fixdisk via telnet a number of times with no luck. I love my humax so if I need to get a new harddrive no problem, it's 3 years old is this the normal life span? Thanks
56 reallocated sectors shouldn't be an issue. On a 2TB drive I would start being concerned if the number was above a 1000. Can you show us the rest of the attributes please?

Thanks. I don't see anything of immediate concern in the rest of the attributes. However I see some of the tests are failing with the box reporting the failing LBA as 0 which strikes me as odd. My suggestion is to take the drive out of the Humax, attach it to a PC and run the manufacturers diagnostics on it to see what they report (Seagate Seatools). prpr may have alternative suggestions.

While the number of errors is not particularly high it is still worth running fixdisk with -y option overnight.
A single bad sector in an file that is frequently accessed can cause the system to behave abnormally,
It would be worth upgrading the custom firmware first, there were improvements to fixdisk in 3.13

Thanks 4 all the advice. Will try to update the firmware 3.13, and run fixdisk again. If i still have a problem can you recommend a replacement hard drive. Thanks

Go to the WiKi and look at the titles of the article. But to save you doing that HERE'S the link (after I had done what I said to do in my first sentence).
WiKi said:
I selected the Seagate Pipeline HD 2TB Drive (ST2000VM002/3) for a number of reasons:

• The existing factory-fitted disk is a Seagate Pipeline;
  • It spins at 5900rpm which is a compromise speed offering slightly more performance (most CE/AV drives are 5400rpm);
  • It is qualified for operating temperatures up to 75°C;
  • Like all 2TB drives, it is an Advanced Format (4K sector size) drive. However, unlike other 2TB drives, it uses a technology called SmartAlign to handle partition misalignment conditions in the drive firmware without impacting on performance. Most other drive manufacturers have realignment tools which should be run following partitioning of these drives. I intended to create aligned partitions anyway but this was extra insurance in case it proved impossible.
  • The WD drives (the realistic alternative) will apparently attempt to park the read heads once every 8 seconds for the life of the HDD which is just horrible!

That's the same drive I've got now. Been good for 3 years, is that a typical life expectancy.
Are you sure it is only three years old? The data you posted says 34901 power on hours which if my maths is correct is very nearly four years assuming you have the box on continuously. My very nearly five year old Seagate 2TB ST2000VM003 has 24409 power on hours (it is put into standby over nigh) and so far (touch wood) I have no problems.

Back