New HD channels unavailable when Xbox 360 powers up.

andyhudds

Since retuning to obtain the new HD channels, each time I power up my Xbox 360, which is connected to my TV in an HDMI slot, I lose all the HD channels except BBC News HD and Al Jazeera Eng HD.
This didn't happen before I retuned.
The screen shows a warning stating "No programmes are currently being broadcast on this channel"
While writing this have just discovered that SD channels for ITV, C4, C5, ITV2, are affected. SD BBC1 and BBC 2 are fine.
Anybody else had similar problems?

Andy R

Sorry about this but could you be a bit more specific.

a. Do you permanently lose the channels? ie. do they return when you switch off the Xbox?

b. Do the HDMI cables run close to the aerial cable?

c. What transmitter are you using and does it have any enginerring works?

d. Did you carry out a manual tune or an auto tune?

e. If an auto-tune, did you delete all the channels prior to the re-tune?

Martin

Hi Martin,
a) Channels return when Xbox turned off
b) HDMI cable not near aerial cable
c) Emley Moor, no engineering I am aware of
d) auto tune
e) Did not delete any channels before auto tune, although I have never deleted any before an auto tune previously and not suffered this problem.

Andy R

Thanks for that information. Sounds like interference of some sort.

The MUX channels for Emley Moor are:

32 (HD)
41 (HD)

With the Xbox switched off; can you please try a Factory Reset which will clear all the tuning data, then stop the auto-tune and manually tune to the channels above. That will place the box in a known state.

Martin

Thanks for that information. Sounds like interference of some sort.

The MUX channels for Emley Moor are:

32 (HD)
41 (HD)

With the Xbox switched off; can you please try a Factory Reset which will clear all the tuning data, then stop the auto-tune and manually tune to the channels above. That will place the box in a known state.

Martin

I have looked through all the TV channels in the guide and found nearly all the HD channels again at the end of the list:
BBC 1 HD - 809
ITV HD - 810
C4 HD - 811
BBC 2 HD - 812
BBC 3 HD - 813
CBBC HD - 814
These all work fine while Xbox is switched on!
BBC 4 HD works in its original place of channel 106.
So, how do I rearrange these working channels to be in positions 101 - 105 ?

Andy R

I wonder if I am picking up the HD channels that are in guide positions 101 - 105 from another transmitter with a weaker signal.
I am near the Pennines so might be getting something from over in Lancashire.

Back