New HDR-FOX T2 and HD-FOX T2 STBs

Souriau

Hello
I have bought a new HDR-FOX T2 and HD-FOX T2
I am looking to link these two STBs with the PC, if possible for me to use the HD-FOX T2 STB to access the hard drive on the HDR-FOX T2.
Would the custom firmware be suitable? or can the Humax own firmware is OK for this?
HDR-FOX T2 FHTCP 1.02.29
HD-FIX T2 KZTFT 1.02.29
Is it also possible to set to Ireland and allow me to access both MHEG-5 and EBU teletext?

It is possible to stream a program between two networked Humax boxes running the standard firmware, by turning on Content Sharing in the Humax menu. A PC is not needed for this to work. With the Custom Firmware it is also possible to make a networked Humax box appear to be like an external USB drive

How can I do that?
Somewhere I read that subtitles not work from another box. Is that so?
That I can't use subtitles from another Humax STB
Can I watch HD recording from HDR-FOX T2 on a HD-FOX T2 STB?
Is that scramble to prevent watching on another STB?

All HDR-FOX recorded content is available to the HD-FOX by DLNA streaming, you just need to add both to your home network, and turn on content sharing in the Internet Settings for the HDR-FOX: Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Setting. Access to the HDR content from the HD will be via Media >> Storage (blue) >> Network.

The subtitles issue is dealt with HERE (click).

If you have not already, you will get up-to-speed by reading the primer material linked in my signature below. You will find notes on linking the HD- and HDR-FOX directly (point-to-point instead of using a home network) in the Trail Guide.

How can I do that?
Somewhere I read that subtitles not work from another box. Is that so?
That I can't use subtitles from another Humax STB
Can I watch HD recording from HDR-FOX T2 on a HD-FOX T2 STB?
Is that scramble to prevent watching on another STB?

All content is un-scrambled when being streamed from one Humax to another, subtitles will also work O.K.. After switching on Content Sharing on the Humaxs you will see content from the other Humax by going to Media >> (Blue) >> Network

I have done that,
Connected LAN cable to each STB to the router
I have switched on Content Share and leave FTP Server off.
Is this correct?
There are no subtitles to see and no file info on the HD-FOX T2
How can I get subtitles to works?

OK. I seen that another poster is having the sme problem
So I have to look into this customise software
Thanks for all for replying to my problem

Back