New HDR-T2 (Second)

Wallace

Traveler 34122
I have purchased a second HDR-T2, mainly as a spare. Quite frankly I think that the HDR is the best PVR on the market at the moment. When loaded with the CF it is transformed into something even better. I digress.

It has now arrived and is suitably tuned in and tested. All OK.

I thought I would tell you that it has come with a firmware I don't recognise. Details below:

Software: FHTCP 1.03.06
Loader: a7.34
ID: 80BC.7E00
Update Date: 6 Mar 2013
Minicom: 9.3

Can I load the 'current' FW 1.02.32 on the box then install the CF or is it a no-no reverting the unit back a notch? Obviously I don't want to do anything to bugger the box as it is brand new.

Thanks.

This software version was spotted by a user over on myhumax.org too. The simple answer is that we don't know yet.
There /should/ be no problems reverting - the 1.02.32 software image contains all of the necessary components apart from the loader. If anything did go wrong when all you had done was to download the latest official firmware from the Humax web site and try to load it on then it would be covered under warranty anyway.

Any obvious changes? We're expecting an updated portal/browser component at some point so maybe this is it. If it's on a production box then it will have passed their internal QA but with a March build date I would have expected an OTA or beta release by now. Mind you, they haven't released 1.02.32 for the HD yet although it has turned up on plenty of new and refurbished boxes.

1.02.32 has been seen on HD-FOX?

Now we have a report of 1.03.06 here rather than elsewhere, I shall change the remarks in Things Every.

I have not had too much time to play as my dad was rushed into hospital last night, but, on first glance, I cannot see any difference between 1.0.32 and his version.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Well, I have successfully installed v1.02.32 plus CF v2.17.

I have installed identical packages and configured everything the same. Even registered it with the Remote Server.

Everything working OK so I packed it up and put it away!

Now all I need is for my Toppy 5810 to fail and I will have the perfect excuse to reach for the Hummy spare! Cough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Why are you not going to use your new box? It is always handy to have more than one box in use.

I already have a Toppy and a HDR in use under the TV. I use the Toppy for SWMBO. The second HDR was purchased to be a spare machine.

I don't see another HD recorder on the horizon that has the same appeal as the HDR loaded with the CF. To that end, I decided to get another while I can still get one brand new and not a second-hand or refurbished model.

I already have a Toppy and a HDR in use under the TV. I use the Toppy for SWMBO. The second HDR was purchased to be a spare machine.

I don't see another HD recorder on the horizon that has the same appeal as the HDR loaded with the CF. To that end, I decided to get another while I can still get one brand new and not a second-hand or refurbished model.

Is there any reason to suppose that the HDR Fox-T2 is going to be discontinued in the near future?

Dave

Exactly. Plus, it has been 'out' for a good while. I may live to regret spending £180 on a unit I don't plan on using in a while, but regardless of what is launched in the near future, I reckon the HDR is 'the mutts nuts' - for now at least.

Yup. I've gone for a Grade A. I'll use it as a hot spare & fiddle box (though with a guarantee I'll probably swap it for the oldest one first).

Back