New iPlayer TV app and the HDR-FOX T2

It's not really anything to do with humax. The portal goes to the bbcs iPlayer site, and the site decides what it presents to you based on the browser user agent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So if the browser user agent remains unchanged then those using 1.03.xx may have no choice but to lose the iPlayer's Radio features unless there is some way that the BBC iPlayer Radio app can be made suitable for TV usage.

Edited to remove dumb question and add:
... the site decides what it presents to you based on the browser user agent.
Ah! That's how it differentiates the models! I knew it was routed to the BBC but didn't know about 'user agents' as such and how they could be applied for a portal until I googled it following your mention. Thanks.

Balls, one of the reasons I was swayed to upgrade to the new firmware was to get Radio working again on iPlayer.

The BBC really can be morons at times.

The fact they allow people who only watch on catch up services to not have to pay the licence fee really sticks in my gullet.

I'm tempted to stop paying the licence fee as a protest.

Double balls.

Their website does say 'You can continue to enjoy live radio on all Freeview and Freesat devices and live and on demand radio via BBC iPlayer Radio on computers, tablets and smart phones .'

How 'difficult' would it have been for the BBC just to add a link to iPlayer Radio for people who don't have a computer, tablet or smart phone or want to listen via these devices.

A backwards step IMO.

It's not certain that this iPlayer update will come over to our boxes. The bbc keep old versions going on the iPlayer site and will generally only push new versions to hardware that will definitely support it as they might include new features that would perform badly on older hardware. The rest will need to be checked (probably manually), or just left on the version they are already on.

I wouldn't worry about it yet..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back