New member.

77up

New Member
Much to my total chagrin I've bought my first Humax HDD recorder, only to find that it does not do what I wanted. And the one I should have boughtis discontinued. Annoying because I'd been considering the purchase for a long time.
I have the FHR-6000T, now the EZ-4K, I believe. It does not connect to the local network so you cannot transfer files from it.
Worse, as Harmony no longer support their remotes, I've bought a Sofabaton U3. And, guess what? Sofabaton do not have the control codes for the FHR-6000T so I have installed a different Humax model codes. I can turn it on and off and look at the Freely guide, but not the recordings guide. And the Sofabaton refuses to learn the neccessary codes.
Can anyone suggest which model Humax would (may) have the same IR codes?
Any help would be welcomed.
 
There is only one model the majority of the people on this forum would universally recommend: a second hand HDR-FOX. Although more recent models have additional capabilities, they also got more and more locked down and annoying. Plus, of course, we've customised the firmware for the HDR-FOX and can do all sorts of things with it that were never intended.

If you only want a PVR to be literally a PVR, there's nothing much wrong with a FVP-4000T (again, second-hand). I bought one recently for a friend, to replace her broken one without having to get used to a new UI/UX.

Second-hand is great, choose carefully and there is nothing wrong with a used PVR, and it's cheap. The sellers are generally chasing the latest tech, and it simply isn't necessary. Don't expect old models to keep up with changing streaming service standards though, just use it as an off-air receiver-recorder.
 
Back
Top