1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new MHEG5 freeview channels

Discussion in 'HDR-FOX T2 Freeview Recorder' started by Gerry Knight, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Gerry Knight

Gerry Knight New Member

Will the FOX-T2 play the new "internet" freeview channels? It says any box with MHEG capability will work, Channel 117 for instance.

2. af123

af123 Administrator Staff Member

No, and Humax have no plans to release an update to support them. In fact they cause problems with the Humax software if you try and tune into them.

3. Black Hole

Black Hole Felonius Gru

4. Gerry Knight

Gerry Knight New Member

Shows great after sales support. Thanks anyway

5. Ezra Pound

Ezra Pound Well-Known Member

6. Black Hole

Black Hole Felonius Gru

Why? Were you promised IPTV when you bought it?

7. ChrisDaniels

ChrisDaniels Well-Known Member

You could argue that the box is meant to support the offerings of freeview.
    But the argument on humax's side is that it does as long as its how it was in 2010/2011.
    Now however, freeview has changed the spec a little..

8. damianiw

damianiw Member

Is there any post from Humax saying they will not ?

I know they'll probably not but the site did say this, although that's not IPTV is it

Internet TV Portal (Sky Player, Catch Up TV, Internet Radio and etc are available) future upgrade*
    * Not available at launch, in development.

9. ChrisDaniels

Nope, thats just about the portal.. which is now launched. Sky Player is still AWOL, but we have ways around that ;)

10. Gerry Knight

Gerry Knight New Member

Not directly but it was supposed to support MHEG5 which is all that is needed I believe.

11. ChrisDaniels

I does support MHEG5.. its just a newer version of it that allows IPTV to work.