New Portal items been added

I'm pretty certain it's not actually the same portal web site that you get via a Humax in the UK: Tagesschau is a German news channel and Maxdome is a German video on demand service.

At least the fact that they have YouTube and software update on there could be promising for UK users.

Oh yes, didn't see that. It would be good if they are updating it to improve the sluggish response.
The two sites other than youtube appear to be German channels so of no use to me.

I've just run (well walked) downstairs to check on my humax.
TV Portal hasn't changed. Still says Beta, BBC iPlayer is still there, no new items.

Has there been any update on when/if SkyPlayer will arrive?

I thought that the www.humaxtvportal.com was the site that the t2 box was linked to, obviously not then, or there are some other clasuses in the address.
This is a bit off point, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a way of redirecting the ip dns lookup for the t2 box through the router to make it point to another website,
thought this would be an interesting experiment. Looked into opendns myself but it didn't seem to give the option to redirect an ip address.

thanks to this site i've just got itv player on my humax box. how can i get channel 4 on demand??

The tvportal webpage as it was, is actually contained within the firmware.
All it's doing is downloading the graphics.

Itv player is not available so I don't know what you are talking about. 4od isn't either.

Not without modifying the firmware no.
As the box is loading the webpage locally and only downloading the images, redirecting won't make any difference.

This also means any new channels they add to the portal will require a firmware update. Seems a bit of a daft way to do it, but I suppose they are factoring in the security issues that a redirect could pose.

As the box is loading the webpage locally and only downloading the images, redirecting won't make any difference.

This also means any new channels they add to the portal will require a firmware update. Seems a bit of a daft way to do it, but I suppose they are factoring in the security issues that a redirect could pose.
I guess that they won't be adding new channels very often after settling down so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. It also lets beta testers trail the new sites without letting the rest of the universe onto something that may crash.

As the box is loading the webpage locally and only downloading the images...
What evidence do you have for this assertion? Humax themselves are reported to have said that when Sky Player becomes available it will "automatically appear on the TV portal page" (without needing a firmware upgrade).

I've been inside the firmware maybe?
I dont recall them saying this.
Maybe they can initiate an update via the portal, I don't work for Humax so I am only using my judgements on this.
Certainly, all the skyplayer software came with the last update, it's just not active.

This is not the acutal portal you get on your box - nobody is exactley sure what it is or why it is there, however is is believed to be some sort of testing system used by humax - it is not a 'live' version

Back