New Remote

Hi, I've bought a new remote but it doesn't control my hdr-fox T2. When I press the power button my BT box powers up🙂. How do I reset it so that it controls my hdr-fox T2?

Thanks

Mismatch on code is the most likely if a proper Humax remote... Wallace has linked to the solution!

If that doesn't work then the "Humax remote" isn't genuine... and is fixed to the 'default code'. A pretty common issue.

It may be possible to use the BT remote to reset the Fox-T2 to default and then the BT box to a different code to allow both to coexist?

My HDR-Fox-T2 and Foxsat-HDR have to be 'different' as they otherwise clash. (and the BT box is made by Humax).

Personally I'd have opened up and cleaned the original remote, rather than buy a new one.

Mismatch on code is the most likely if a proper Humax remote... Wallace has linked to the solution!

If that doesn't work then the "Humax remote" isn't genuine... and is fixed to the 'default code'. A pretty common issue.

It may be possible to use the BT remote to reset the Fox-T2 to default and then the BT box to a different code to allow both to coexist?

My HDR-Fox-T2 and Foxsat-HDR have to be 'different' as they otherwise clash. (and the BT box is made by Humax).

Personally I'd have opened up and cleaned the original remote, rather than buy a new one.
Original remote still works, but the markings on the commonly used buttons have rubbed off🙂

Well I bought another remote off eBay (although not the link posted above as it didn't exist anymore) but the new one still has the same issue. I've tried 0 plus OK. The PVR button flashes red briefly but doesn't stay lit after 5 seconds.

If I try 0 plus OK on my old remote it comes up with code 6. Does that help with a resolution?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Use the old remote to reset the HDR to mode 1. Then see if the replacement remote works. If not, try all the other modes (2-6) in sequence.
I don't believe the replacements have the mode switching capability (but I've never used one), which is why you need genuine ones.
If none of that works, then send the remote back for refund, as it's not fit for purpose.

I've tried one or two 'replacements' (3rd party remote) - they work fine for the main buttons but usually not for the remote mode switching. Eg this one states it'll only work for mode 1.

Last edited:
Use the old remote to reset the HDR to mode 1. Then see if the replacement remote works. If not, try all the other modes (2-6) in sequence.
I don't believe the replacements have the mode switching capability (but I've never used one), which is why you need genuine ones.
If none of that works, then send the remote back for refund, as it's not fit for purpose.
Due to Green Armchair's other equipment that is not a final solution. Green Armchair has a BT box that only works using the Humax mode 1 codes.

I've tried one or two 'replacements' (3rd party remote) - they work fine for the main buttons but usually not for the remote mode switching. Eg this one states it'll only work for mode 1.
Agree. As far as I can tell only genuine Humax remotes have the mode changing function.

@Green Armchair
Just last month there was a seller on ebay with a few unused genuine Humax RM-F04s but no sign of the listing now.
Listings that state "genuine Humax" or similar usually appear to be Humax remotes that will be able to change to other modes. Beware of occasionally sellers who state "genuine" but the next word states "replacement", as looking more closely appear to be just clones that will only work on mode 1 . The photo should show the traditional remote with both "Humax" and "RM-F04" at the bottom end of the remote.

There are always second hand genuine Humax RM-F04 on ebay. Unfortunately myself, and another poster on this forum, have found that even if the description state sthat the remote is fully working that almost ineveitably not all buttons are fully working.

Last edited:
Why not use the BT remote and BT box and change the mode for those to something other than 1?
Then use the HDR with mode 1 so that it'll match the 3rd party remote.
That's assuming the BT box allows mode change. I think the BT boxes were made by various manufacturers including Humax.

Due to Green Armchair's other equipment that is not a final solution. Green Armchair has a BT box that only works using the Humax mode 1 codes.
The BT box is turned off now ready to be sent back to BT so I can definitely try this at the next opportunity.

The BT box is turned off now ready to be sent back to BT so I can definitely try this at the next opportunity.
If you are going to kick out the BT Box that makes it a lot easier.
Using the old Humax remote just change the HDR-FOX T2 to use mode 1 instead of mode 6.

Thanks everyone, using the old remote to set the mode to 1 has fixed the problem. The new remote is now working beautifully 😁. I guess I must have set the mode to 6 at some point, probably due to a clash with the BT box.

Back