New RM-F04 remote: Excellent service from eBay supplier

everthewatcher

Forum Supporter
Thought it would be a good idea to get a new RM-F04 remote for the HDR-Fox T2s while they were still available.
Went for this one from eBay as it was cheaper than Humax Direct.
Ordered just before 3pm yesterday and it arrived early this morning.

But another order, for some socket-head screws, placed just before has only just come up as dispatched - what's the point of offering RM24 delivery when you take two days to dispatch it?

So withhold some stars in the feedback.

It's all highly variable. The "dispatched" notification doesn't actually mean what it says, eBay send that notification when the vendor has acknowledged the order (ie accepted responsibility for it). Estimated delivery date is a good indication of whether the vendor actually had possession of the item or whether in fact he's acting as an intermediary.

I've had some pleasant results this week: an eBay order placed 2.30pm one day arrived in the 11am post the next day, and an order placed with Amazon where I had to cancel the £4.99 charge for next day delivery (they make it easy to just accept it!) arrived next day anyway.

Oh I know 'dispatched' doesn't mean anything other than the vendor has marked it as such - I've had items that got marked long after I'd received them.
I make a point of commenting on tardy dispatch or dispatch by means other than that stated, which is a lot easier now we have >80 characters in feedback.

I make a point of commenting if the listing implied the item location was UK but the package arrives from abroad.

Thought it would be a good idea to get a new RM-F04 remote for the HDR-Fox T2s while they were still available.
Some of the "RM-F04" replacement remotes being sold online are for just Humax mode 1, and a few don't work other equipment.

Does your replacement remote support the 6 modes of codes that are intended for use if you have more than 1 Humax in the same room?

Does your remote work any of your other equipment OK?

Some of the "RM-F04" replacement remotes being sold online are for just Humax mode 1, and a few don't work other equipment.
It's definitely a genuine Humax RM-F04 remote. The 'Replacement for' look-alike ones that don't have the 1-6 modes or control other devices go for a lot less.

I ordered one of these at 3pm yesterday. It arrived at 11am today. I call that top notch service.
The device itself is an ADB1.0 unit, rather than the MDB1.3 which all my others are.
The LEDs under the white buttons are noticeably brighter (using the exact same batteries!) and there are some very tiny differences in the size/weight of the fonts used on the labelling - most people wouldn't notice.

I ordered one of these at 3pm yesterday. It arrived at 11am today. I call that top notch service.
The device itself is an ADB1.0 unit, rather than the MDB1.3 which all my others are.
I've been looking for ADB 1.0s.
Some of the remotes labelled ADB 1.0 were really MDB 1.3. Is it a real ADB 1.0 without the IR when you change the device mode?

Of course if, it is, then there is no guarantee that the rest will be the same but I might take a risk.

I think that means when you press the "DVD" button (or whatever), it doesn't emit anything so the information pop-up doesn't appear on the TV screen.

@Luke: IIRC the ir package is capable of suppressing the pop-up.

Sorry, can you be a bit more explicit about what you want me to test and how?
There are 3 ways of testing. One is that the white buttons need 4 digit codes to programme, instead of the usual 3. A second is that when a device mode is pressed the HDR-FOX dosn't display a graphic to let you know which white button you just pressed. The third is to use a digital camera or phone to look at the IR emitter and see if it lights up when one of the white buttons is pressed.

For any particular reason?
It's OK on my HDR-FOX T2 with version 1.02.20 but on my other HDR the device icon it flashes up sometimes gets in the way of what I am looking at.
Also I can set up a more logical arrangement of buttons for for the Audio white button for my receiver with the AMB 1.0 version.

I think that means when you press the "DVD" button (or whatever), it doesn't emit anything so the information pop-up doesn't appear on the TV screen.
Yep, that is what I meant.

@Luke: IIRC the ir package is capable of suppressing the pop-up.
So it does!
and also
1633707408209.png

You had me worried there for a bit until I read further. The one I got has the MDB1.3 sticker, same as the other two I have here.

As for the fonts etc, the one that came with a V1 HDR (with horizontal co-ax connectors) has slightly smaller and heavier character/symbols, both on the buttons and the body of the remote, when compared to the one that came with a V2 and the replacement one

The case itself is different too. Obvious differences are the tether for the battery hatch is translucent where the later is black and a lot shorter, and the hatch itself has two locating lugs at the tether end where there are none on the later ones. Also I now realise the earlier one comes apart more easily than the later ones.

Interesting!
Now that I look closer at the 5 remote units I have here (1 is elsewhere), I see one is an ADB, one is an MDB, and three are hybrids with an ADB case (lettering/lugs/tether) but MDB internals. All the HDRs are V1.
I guess the only conclusion we can draw from this is that Humax had lots of ADB cases left when they started making the MDB and then for some reason changed the case too.

They're now showing only seven six five left.

Last edited:
Back