New Scheduled recordings not adding to the schedule

MymsMan

Ad detector
Occasionally recordings that I schedule via the RS or Webif EPG fail to appear in the box schedule after reboot.

Yesterday I scheduled four recordings via RS including University Challenge and Only Connect and I could see them all in the pending actions list on the webif but after reboot Uni Challenge was not scheduled but the other programs were OK. (I do have an expired Uni Challenge entry in the schedule but that has a different series CRID so didn't match the new series)

I rescheduled Uni Challenge via RS and this this time the scheduling worked.

I have had recording failing to add to the schedule several times before with no obvious reason.

Are there any log records generated during schedule update at reboot that might show what is causing the failures?

I believe I've seen something similar, at least with the WebIF EPG, and especially when I leave it a long time between scheduling and rebooting.

Could never reproduce on demand, though.

Are there any log records generated during schedule update at reboot that might show what is causing the failures?
There are diagnostic log entries viewable on RS if you set it that way but they only show the recording making it into the pending queue.
Otherwise there is /tmp/rsvsync.log but that doesn't survive reboots unfortunately.

Back