New software available

Ive tried doing it via the Internet Auto Search but nothing comes up, when you are saying connect to Router are you meaning it has to be by a cable and Wifi will not work?
Cable or WiFi should work. I don't know about the Auto Search but what definitely works is to leave it in standby overnight whilst connected to the Internet. When you bring it out of standby the next day it will prompt you to install the update.

Hi thanks for the help Martin :) Im sorry about this, but Im in a bit of a muddle here :( If its Red its either recording or Standby, is that right?

To my mind, Im leaving it in Standby everynight. I usually go to bed and its recording something, so I press the off button on the remote and turn the TV off. It then shuts down when the recording ends, does that mean its going into Power Off or Standby?

If I specifically dont record anything at night and select TV Portal, then switch off my TV, would that work?

Sorry again :)

Hi thanks for the help Martin :) Im sorry about this, but Im in a bit of a muddle here :( If its Red its either recording or Standby, is that right?
Yes (more or less). I believe there is intended to be a difference in the intensity of the red but my tired old eye struggle to see it.
To my mind, Im leaving it in Standby everynight. I usually go to bed and its recording something, so I press the off button on the remote and turn the TV off. It then shuts down when the recording ends, does that mean its going into Power Off or Standby?
Standby. Power off is when you remove the electrical power.
If I specifically dont record anything at night and select TV Portal, then switch off my TV, would that work?
No. You need to put into standby and it needs to be in standby when the automatic check for updates is done which I think is 4:30 am. So there needs to be no recordings in progress and none starting before say 5:00 am. Our box updated automatically without problem.

Mine is connected to the internet (YouTube runs fine) and is on standby every night. I've just looked and it still hasn't upgraded.

So I explained to Hummy I was trying to do it via the online update and they replied that it wasnt available OTA. Then said I might
Mine is connected to the internet (YouTube runs fine) and is on standby every night. I've just looked and it still hasn't upgraded.

Im not at home just now but Ive had a reply from Humax, not sure what to make of it, as I was asking about doing the update online.

To Humax :

I was told it was possible to get it via the online option. I have the Humax Dongle supplied with the box, attached to the back USB port and the Humax does go online as I checked with BBC Iplayer.
I tried to do an Automatic Search, but it came up nothing available and it was left in Standby overnight, because it had been suggested I would get it at 4.30am (?), but again this hasnt happened.

Reply :

Thank you for contacting Humax Support.As of yet the update isn't available OTA thats why your unit hasnt updated itself. However if you try to update the unit with the wi-fi dongle unplugged you may have more success.
Also make sure that as soon as you turn the unit on via the rocker switch at the back of the unit start tapping the CH- button on the unit.

I thought OTA was for the aerial and not anything to do with the internet, but Im guessing Im wrong. Likewise Im assuming he is suggesting I put a usb stick, with the update on it, in to the Humax, with the Wifi dongle already removed -which I havent tried previously- didnt even know there was a "rocker switch" at the back either.

Just to join the debate: I recently got an 1800T with ver. 1.00.27(23/07/2014) loaded.

Whilst doing my initial setup I connected to the internet to check out the Humax TV portal, then attempted an OTA autosearch (no update found).

Having put it into standby for a while (maybe an hour), when I brought it out of standby I was surprised to be prompted to install the update, with the 1.01.06(18/08/2014) being loaded.

So this all happened automatically in the daytime and must have come via IP

Maybe I was just lucky :)

Last edited:
tbf he got back to me ;

" Apologies i mean as you plug in the power cable into the back of the unit."

Im going to try taking the power cable out for 5 minutes before plugging back just to see if that makes a difference, last time I just unplugged and waited for the light to die then plugged in again.

Back