New software available

Interestingly Barry over at MyHumax.org is saying that boxes that have a working Internet connection will update via IP download providing the box is in standby when the software update check is performed at 4:30am.

Yes after trying 4 times with two different USB sticks ,I switched on my internet connection,did a search for new software ,and it downloaded with no problem.
That was this afternoon.

My grumble about a low reading on the signal strength meter seems to have been addressed,or perhaps it just coincidence but signal strength now showing 75% ad opposed to 39%.Now matches my other Humax boxes.
Taking on board the 2000T's poorer handling of weaker signals comparing the HDR-2000T's strength and quality with my HDR-FOXs the lower readings could be considered suitable considering the 2000T's poorer results for weak signals.

But when I now use a group aerial that does not cover all received frequencies adequately, the strength meter now hits 100% for some of my channels. What this means is that in that setup the HDR-2000T is no longer is any use for comparing the strength multiplexes as one 100% may not be the same as another 100% but it describes them both as 100%.

The quality readings are now definitely not longer comparable to my HDR-FOXs' readings. For channels that previously broke up a bit on my HDR-FOX, the channels would break up a lot on the HDR-2000T which used to also give a lower quality reading compared to the HDR-FOXs. There has been no change to the HDR-2000T’s ability to cope with a weak signal but now its quality meter gives a higher reading than my superior HDR-FOXs.

Hi I got an email this evening telling me about this update. I followed the links to download on to a USB stick. The USB is the one I can use to watch /transfer files to with this Humax so I know its compatible. Ive tried following the instructions of powering on and pressing the channel down button on the box, rather than the remote, but its not doing anything. It just comes up the options for music, video, pictures and Copy.
I also tried searching in Installation-Softwareupdate-Automatic Update, but it came up both times No New Software found.
Can anyone tell me if it matters that its the front USB port, rather than the back one, or if it matters there are other things on the USB stick as well?
Its the first time Ive touched the front of the Humax too, it feels like there arent any button to push inwards, so Ive been trying just tapping my finger over it, or holding my finger over it until the TV picture appears with the media options.
Ive tried doing it all with the remote control too, but it has just done the same things :(

So at the moment I have just tried it again.
I plugged it back in once the red light had faded and the usb flashed but the light on the humax stayed blue. nothing was happening, so I pressed Power On on the front and held my finger over the "V" button, its now showing the red light, plus the usb light is flashing, but the screen is black. Been like this for a few minutes?

I also tried searching in Installation-Softwareupdate-Automatic Update, but it came up both times No New Software found.
This only works if:
(1) Humax are broadcasting the update from your transmitter. They currently aren't broadcasting.
OR
(2) You have the HDR-2000T connected to the internet so that it can access the Humax portal.

To update by using the Automatic update you will need to connect your router to the 2000T. Check that the the connection is working by accessing the portal, then search in Installation-Softwareupdate-Automatic Update. The easiest way of connecting your router to your 2000T is to use an ethernet cable.

So at the moment I have just tried it again.
I plugged it back in once the red light had faded and the usb flashed but the light on the humax stayed blue. nothing was happening, so I pressed Power On on the front and held my finger over the "V" button, its now showing the red light, plus the usb light is flashing, but the screen is black. Been like this for a few minutes?
There are a many reasons that it may not be working, but I suggest you start off with the instructions from Humax and explain what you are doing. You have not confirmed that you are following all their instructions.

The Humax instructions do state that the USB pen drive is FAT32. Have you checked what you are using? You may have to borrow your friend's USB pen drive again providing it is formatted as FAT32. If that is not possibly you will have to learn how to fully format a USB pen drive as FAT32 but avoid the quick format.

The Humax instructions do state that the V button should be repeatedly tapped but you are stating that you are constantly pressing it. Also as soon as you see that the 2000T is doing something different from the usual switch on then you must stop tapping!

You have not stated that you have unzipped the software.

Bear in mind also, that if it is anything like the HDR-FOX there is only limited driver support in the pre-boot (firmware update) environment, so only a subset of all the available UPDs* will work.

* UPD

Ok sorry, I should of been clearer :)
I am using the Wifi Dongle rather than a cable, but I am connected as I checked the Iplayer first.
The format of the USB is FAT, I thought that was the only format that worked on the Humax, so didnt specify. But it is FAT.
The instrcutions in the email say to press "V" immediately or to tap repeatedly, but it didnt say when to stop :)
I will go back through the process tomorrow,
The USB is FAT 32 and the file was Extracted to the USB on my laptop.
I unplug the Humax and wait for the red light to fade, then put the usb in and plug back in.
After this Im powering on by the front of the humax and not the remote, then I will press the "V" button and wait for something to happen?
All this is pretty much what I did, but I will try again, if Im the only one then its obviously me :D

Might just wait to see if they do an OTA, Im using scart and the only issue Ive really had is that it records things that I had asked it to "series" record and then later cancelled, but it still records the episodes.
Theres maybe an issue with ITVBe, not giving a "series record" option on the one show I was trying to setup, but I dont know if thats to do with bing a new channel or its not been setup for that specific programme "7 days with..."
Thanks for help though, will start again tomorrow :)

ronin4 said:
After this Im powering on by the front of the humax and not the remote, then I will press the "V" button and wait for something to happen?
The Humax instructions do state that the V button should be repeatedly tapped but you are stating that you are constantly pressing it.

The format of the USB is FAT, I thought that was the only format that worked on the Humax, so didnt specify. But it is FAT.
It needs to be FAT32 not FAT.

Theres maybe an issue with ITVBe, not giving a "series record" option on the one show I was trying to setup, but I dont know if thats to do with bing a new channel or its not been setup for that specific programme "7 days with..."
Sunday's repeat currently does not have a series associated with it. For a series record you will need to select either Monday's or Thursday's broadcast.

Update Instructions
- Power OFF the product by removing the mains lead from the rear, or switching off at the power socket
- Download and extract the ZIP file, save the software and save on a USB Pen*
- Make sure the filename is hdr2000t_upgrade.hdf
- Insert the USB Pen to the front or rear USB port on the product
- Power ON the product
- Immediately press (or continually tap) the channel down button on the front "V"
- The download should start and the download progress should appear on the TV set; allow 5 minutes for the update to complete.

It says both. Just not how long.

Why did they make the USB firmware update harder by needing to press V repeatedly? It's bound to cause a lot of trouble. On the HDR Fox T2 you just shove the USB stick in and reboot.

The instructions for the 2000T do work, if you follow the maxim - always read the Humax forums first before trying anything new. BTW Luke, I'm intrigued to know how you can access the portal and then search Installation-Software Update-Automatic Update. By using Menu to do this, the portal closes.

Hi. New contributor to this forum.

I have completed the software upgrade. At the first attempt with the USB stick was recognised but the download did not progress. Using a different USB stick it downloaded and installed without problem first time.

However, I still do not have loop through. Anybody else found this?

Yes, power saving is turned off. Can you confirm that loop through now works since the upgrade?
With the HDR in standby and the TV (Bravia) input set to DTV there is a blank grey screen with just the channel number showing.

One improvement seems to be that boot up from standby is much faster since the upgrade.

If your TV wasn't receiving a signal, wouldn't it display a message saying so? Mine do. Check you really are on the internal tuner source, and that the tuner is on an active service - the retunes lately may have orphaned the service you are expecting.

Weird. I have just tried again without adjusting anything and loop through is working but now the TV remote will not turn off the TV although all other functions are working...................................!

This only works if:

To update by using the Automatic update you will need to connect your router to the 2000T. Check that the the connection is working by accessing the portal, then search in Installation-Softwareupdate-Automatic Update. The easiest way of connecting your router to your 2000T is to use an ethernet cable.

Hi, sorry, I gave up for a bit, but Im going to have another bash tomorrow. Got 3 USB sticks now, so one of them should work, lol.
Ive tried doing it via the Internet Auto Search but nothing comes up, when you are saying connect to Router are you meaning it has to be by a cable and Wifi will not work?
Do you know if there is a way to search for it manually? The option is obviously there but I dont know what channel etc to ask it to search through?
Thanks again.

Back