New T1010 - please wait, youview screen then nothing

ExMonk

Hi,

just come back from Argos with a brand new T1010. Connected up to aerial, ethernet and hdmi - turn on.

Get the HUMAX Vera7.76 screen - for approx 60 seconds
then a blank screen / no signal
Then the youview 'please wait' scrreen followed by
'tip adjust eco -mode settings'
followed by nearly ready
followed by blank screen

Then tried it with a scart connection - it gets one step further - to the 'welcome to youview, to start tuning etc' but doesn't respond to any key presses on the remote.

Tempted to just go to the pub leaving it switched on hoping something will happen?

Does it just take a very long time to set up?

PS - how do you do a hardware factory reset if I can't get into 'settings' to do a software one?

Many Thanks,
ExM

Going to the pub appears to be the correct answer.

Arrived back. Turned it off and on again (reset via the standby button) and it's now progressed to 'tuning youttchannels' - stilll via scart. Give it a couple of weeks and I might get something to watch.

103 pages of EULA? What sort of fascist state makes us read all that bull before we turn on a tv? Arse

You actually read it all!
lolz no - but it has to be basically illegal or defuncts the EULA that it tries to make you read all that in a poxy little box 6 ft away - you can't be made to accept all the t&c that they throw at you. Shurely?

it tries to make you read all that in a poxy little box 6 ft away - you can't be made to accept all the t&c that they throw at you. Shurely?

What if it were 3' away? Or 10'? :eek:

The delay may have been due to a software update. I reset mine recently and it didn't take that long. Still, you will learn to hate this box as much as I hate mine, I am sure. Did nobody do any preview testing on it?

Treat it like a recalcitrant toddler and lower your expectations. It helps though not to have to rely on it as your only PVR.

Back