New to HDR questions...

webrits

Hi all,

My trusty 6 year old Daewoo (!) Freeview recorder finally conked-out recently so I splashed out on the HDR-2000T thinking it is all singing-all dancing.
However, unless I'm missing something there's things I could do on the old Daewoo that I cannot on the Humax....

Playing recordings: Is there any way I can start a recording from, say 30 minutes into the recording? I know I can resume from where I left it but what if I haven't watched it yet but want to start in the middle??

Watching recordings: Any way I can add a bookmark or chapter mark to a recording while watching it so that I can find that exact place again?

EPG view: Can the time scale of the EPG be modified? ie can I view ~4 hours at once rather than the standard ~2.5 hours?

Apart from these issues I'm rather impressed !!!

Thanks all..

Playing recordings: Is there any way I can start a recording from, say 30 minutes into the recording? I know I can resume from where I left it but what if I haven't watched it yet but want to start in the middle??
Press pause which will bring up the time line and you can use the arrow keys to the left and right of the OK button to navigate along the time line. It is a bit approximate but should get the job done.
Watching recordings: Any way I can add a bookmark or chapter mark to a recording while watching it so that I can find that exact place again?
Unfortunately that is one piece of functionality that Humax have omitted that was available on the earlier HDR-FOX T2.
EPG view: Can the time scale of the EPG be modified? ie can I view ~4 hours at once rather than the standard ~2.5 hours?
No. If the custom firmware ever makes it to the HDR-2000T then a whole host of additional options (via a web browser) would be possible.
Apart from these issues I'm rather impressed !!!
Care to share some of the things you like?

Hi Martin,
Many thanks for the info, some good info there.

The good bits.? Well, admittedly I'm benchmarking it against quite an old machine but it looks and feels quality. It super quiet, even when recording. The sound and picture quality are amazing, even on SD. After only 2 days I'm very comfortable with most of its features and the remote. The remote is particularly well laid out too but does have a loud button noise although at least you know you've pressed them.!
I can't wait to try all the network features but am waiting on an Edimax dongle to try that out.

*NEWSFLASH*

So I'm sat here waiting for the Edimax dongle as I said. Then I just remembered I had an old 'no name' dongle lying around....worth a shot! Plugged that bad boy in, entered the wifi password, registered with myHumax, rebooted and Kaboom ! We are Up and Running !! I even streamed SD recordings to my laptop via DNLA.... Time to try and stream to my Samsung SmartTV upstairs :)
This is the future !! (feels like I've been in the dark ages !)

Back