New to the Fox (me)

talos

Super Moderator
Staff member
This may be a silly question but what does the message " unable to track" mean when I try to play a scheduled recording ? has the program just not been transmitted or what ? There is no mention of it in the manual.

If you are able to play the file despite the message, it usually means that is has been truncated either at the beginning or the end, it could be by just a few seconds i.e. it does not have a 'start' and 'stop' flag at each end. If the recording is unplayable or not there at all it is usually the the Humax did not find the 'Start' flag transmitted when using Accurate Recording

If you are able to play the file despite the message, it usually means that is has been truncated either at the beginning or the end, it could be by just a few seconds i.e. it does not have a 'start' and 'stop' flag at each end. If the recording is unplayable or not there at all it is usually the the Humax did not find the 'Start' flag transmitted when using Accurate Recording
Thanks that makes it clear, It happens very occasionally so its not much of a problem I was just curious really :)

Check out Things Every... (click) section 3, and the further link within.

A useful post that, lots of info there I think I should print it out. It makes the supplied manual look pretty silly. I haven't tried the auto padding option yet but I will give it a go. its on my list of things to try as is the custom firmware. This is a very different beast to my old 9200.

The various info has been created from extensive experience and pooling of knowledge, something not available to the authors of user manuals which have to be available before the product hits the shelves (and probably written from design specifications because the final product isn't even available in-house). Been there, done that, bought the tee shirt.

I have (even now) found something to add to the Things Every... entry.

Back