New TV Problem.

peterpi

Since I bought a new TV, a Philips 50pus7906/12 which has HDMI 2.1 connectivity, I have a no signal error and I have to unplug and plug in the HDMI cable. I then have a picture. I've tried a couple of different HDMI leads with no luck. Maybe I should try a different port, it's on HDMI 1 at the moment, but as I've already asked the question...............

Any ideas?

1639611732965.png

Try on new TV/TV settings, find the HDMI settings and disable HDMI 2.x for the port the HDR is connected to.
Eg https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/no-audio-with-hdr-fox-t2-new-tv.10093/post-152119
I'm afraid I wasn't aware of the true situation.

Originally there appeared to be a problem with an HDMI lead which I changed. But what I actually did was to remove the existing lead at the T2 end and plugged the lead that was in HDMI 1 into the T2. Effectively changing two things at the same time. Never a good policy for anything from a racing car to a TV.

My wife kept complaining that she was still having to keep disconnecting the lead to get it to work. It was only when I tried it this morning that I discovered it was only the audio that was missing, and I remembered that HDMI 1 had something called ARC, so I wondered if it might be that. Four hours later, turning on the TV with the T2 now on HDMI 4, all seems to be good.

Sorry for starting a misleading thread.

Pete

I had a similar issue with my AV amp as it does not support ARC and it was resolved by adding an optical cable from the new ARC TV to my amp to provide the audio whilst the HDMI provided the video.

Back