New update landing 2nd week in Nov

Member 7823

Had a bout of my 4000 keeps restarting itself
Humax sent me a returns note to replace it
Told me yesterday to hang on for a few weeks because they have been having problems with some boxes and there is a new update being released 2nd week in Nov
My box hasn't restarted just lately so I'm ok
Just hoping for more fixes with the news update

More info on the guide (season & episode would be nice)
More channels on display
Channel preview window
Genre browsing for the whole week instead of 2 hours
Fix usb port
Manage recordings priorities

Sent from my GEM-702L using Tapatalk

How about...

• Speed up whole slow and clunky interface
  • Get rid of bug they introduced on last guide update where the guide jumps a whole page when you go past the top entry instead of a line at a time (basically now behaves like using page up key)
  • Make the recording list/timers match the new smaller design like the guide instead of huge thumbnails
  • Bring back the coloured keys to jump to various functions as per HDR

Last edited:
In an email I've just received Humax say the new update "will cure the random rebooting". I didn't ask about other fixes.
David.

My machine updated last night and unfortunately there are no visible improvements that I could see. From what I have read its lots of under the hood changes - not waking from recording in standby, disappearing recordings etc., all of which I have never suffered from.

My main gripe (apart from the sluggish interface) is still with the guide where when you get to the top of the channel list and move up beyond the top it jumps a whole page and not one channel at a time like it used to do. It worked fine when they first changed to the much improved guide, but then messed it up with the update they did afterwards.

Maybe next time.....

when you get to the top of the channel list and move up beyond the top it jumps a whole page and not one channel at a time like it used to do.
My Sony TV behaves like that and I find this much preferable to 'one at a time' as you can see the whole page-full of the next programmes in the list without having to scroll through them one by one and just press the channel number of the required channel without having to scroll to it and press OK. A much better presentation IMO

With the HDR-FOX you have both options: the up/down cursors scroll one at a time, the programme up/down buttons go a screenful at a time. Are there equivalent buttons on the 4000 handset?

My Sony TV behaves like that and I find this much preferable to 'one at a time' as you can see the whole page-full of the next programmes in the list without having to scroll through them one by one and just press the channel number of the required channel without having to scroll to it and press OK. A much better presentation IMO

Often if I am watching say ITV and want to set some programs I always move up through the guide so BBC1 is at the top, I can then see all of the main channels which makes setting programes so easy, now as soon as I get to the top it jumps a whole page with BBC1 at the bottom and a screen full of useless channels. The only way I can do this now is to actually be on BBC1

It basically behaves the same as using the page up/down function as if I had used the channel up/down button as per the HDR like Black Hole states.

But you cant stop it, as soon as you go up from BBC2 to BBC1 it throws the page and puts BBC1 at the bottom and a screen full of useless channels at the top..... really annoying, especially as it didnt use to do it. The only way I can see the channels how I used to be able to do it is to physcially tune to BBC1 then go back into the guide.

His doesn't want to scroll per channel *instead* of per page
You could page down then just nudge the channels until you have all the main channels on the same page
Now you can still page down but you can no longer nudge down or up
So now you end up with BBC channels on one page and 3, 4 and 5 on another page and never the twain shall meet

The solution is to 'type' 101 so all the channels appear on the same page stating at 101, but still a nuisance because it was fine

His doesn't want to scroll per channel *instead* of per page
You could page down then just nudge the channels until you have all the main channels on the same page
Now you can still page down but you can no longer nudge down or up
So now you end up with BBC channels on one page and 3, 4 and 5 on another page and never the twain shall meet

The solution is to 'type' 101 so all the channels appear on the same page stating at 101, but still a nuisance because it was fine

Spot on! :thumbsup:

Mine's still rebooting???
I can tell because I left my external hdd connected and when I come home there's no recordings which indicates it's rebooted

Yes - as you've discovered, leaving an external USB connected HDD results in stored recordings on internal HDD disappearing - occurs when Humax reboots

Back