New version 1.01.18 OTA next week

Checking on myhumax and humaxdigital suggests that the only changes are:

Barry on myhumax has published web addresses for those who wish to download and update via USB. See https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/version-10118-ota
From the same thread at MyHumax.org:
From date of OTA (20 Sep 2017) Version 1.01.16 or older will not be able to access BBC iplayer.
I hope we won't be losing BBC iPlayer from the HD-FOX and HDR-FOX. As these units are not likely to get another update, this could well happen.

Loaded the new software (or is it firmware ;)). Can't see much difference apart from Freeview logo. iPlayer seems to work.

BBC iPlayer on my Samsung TV and NOW TV box now have the facility to sign in to a BBC account. In the system information under 'environment' both devices report 'launch domain bbctvapps'. This is not present in the HDR-FOX system information for iPlayer and there is no sign in option. Presumably if this does not change the device will lose the ability to access iPlayer. Do the HDR-1800T/ HDR-2000T have such a sign in after the firmware update?

Do the HDR-1800T/ HDR-2000T have such a sign in after the firmware update?
I don't really use this function on my 2000T - download speed/metered connection etc. I did try it once on the local news via iPlayer (with the new software, just before my previous post). I didn't have to sign in. A window popped up and said something like: You have to have a valid TV licence to watch this. Do you have one Yes/No. That was it. The local news played. Haven't tried with anything else.

At some point in the near future you will need a BBC account and will be required to sign in to watch iPlayer. This has already happened on Android and is being gradually rolled out across platforms.

Back