New version of Aura software released 12th April

MartinLiddle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Humax have been conducting a fairly open beta test of new software for the Aura fixing a number of known issues and also adding some new features requested by users. I have been impressed that there have been weekly releases of new beta versions over several weeks. According to Barry over at MyHumax.org it is intended that the new software will be available in the week beginning 19th April.

My Aura just updated to the latest software dated 12th April 2021, once installed there is a four page 'what's new'.
Unfortunately this new update does not prevent you from getting Ramseys Kitchen Nightmares shoved down your throat.

My Aura just updated to the latest software dated 12th April 2021, once installed there is a four page 'what's new'.
Unfortunately this new update does not prevent you from getting Ramseys Kitchen Nightmares shoved down your throat.
That is because it was already included, its the <CH> button on the remote control and further enhanced for full meltdown by the C- On/Off button.

Release notes for the new Aura software (copied from a post by barry at myhumax.org) that was released earlier than expected on the 12th April:

• Network Server - DLNA / UPnP:

You can watch live TV and recordings using DLNA / UPnP clients and thus you can enjoy Aura in the second room.

You may control Aura server preferences directly from DLNA / UPnP clients.
Turn on Network Server in Settings > Record & Share > Home Network and find a Aura 4k Media Server in your home network.

• Various Power Management Options:

Aura enters deep standby mode automatically from normal standby. You can set the entering time or deep standby time period.
Go to Settings > Freeview Play Preference > Power Management.

• Channel Organization:

You can make your favourite channel lists on the EPG and place them in your preferred order.
Go to Settings > Channel & Broadcast > Favourite Channels > Move.

• Improved Trick Play Performance:

The precision and speed in trick play have been improved. FF/FR buttons work every time you press them.

• Recording Playback Option:

There are options to select watch from start or resume watching when you playback recordings.

• Recording Notification Option:

You can set whether to display the recording notification message or not.
Go to Settings > Record & Share > Recording Options > Recording Notification.

• Background Opacity Option:

You can set the background opacity on Freeview home, Recordings, Top Picks to keep the live TV background. Go to Settings > Channel & Broadcast > On-screen Display > Background Opacity.

• OK Key Function Option:

You can assign the OK key to display detailed information or play VoD content.
Go to Settings > Channel & Broadcast > On-screen Display > OK Key Function.

• Import and Export User Settings:

You can backup your settings in the internal HDD and import them later.
Go to Settings > Freeview Play Preference > System Settings > Import / Export User Preferences.

• Power Button on Freeview Home:

You can restart Aura apps, system, or shut it down from Freeview home menu.

• Font Size Option:

You can change the font size in Aura to make text on the screen easier to read.

• Channel Replacement:

The channel list you have made it on Top Picks > On Now is also applied to What’s On Now in Freeview home.

• No PIN Code Input to Delete Recordings:

You are not required to input PIN code to delete your recordings.

• Search UI Layout:

The QWERTY keyboard is now available on Search.

• HDD Standby Mode:

Once recording or streaming is complete, HDD enters sleep mode together with system sleep mode.

• Bug fixes:

Pixellation issue on HD and timeshift play

Black screen issue when launching specific apps

Intermittent missing recording icon on Guide

Duplicated series recording by instant recording

HDMI resolution 1080i for HDTV

Hi just joined I have just bought the new aura recently and it's a great but of kit but why no Netflix ? Is there anyway if getting it

Hi just joined I have just bought the new aura recently and it's a great but of kit but why no Netflix ? Is there anyway if getting it
Use of the forum search tool for "netflix" produces these existing posts:

Sent an email to support ingot this reply which might be of interest to some.
We have approcached Netflix about allowing us to use their app on our Aura but unfortunately they have declined. We will continue to pursue them but at the moment it is Netflix's decision.
Has anyone been through this?

Just tried it - copied the specified version of the Netflix APK (6.26.1_build_15_31696-31696) into my OneDrive and then used File Commander to copy it to my Downloads folder and install.
It installed and ran ok (letting me log into my Netflix account) but I wasn't able to go any further because it didn't respond to the Humax remote's cursor keys or OK button. Strange.
Maybe someone else could try using an air mouse?
The range of possibilities for tinkering with the Aura that are afforded by it being based on Android TV seem very wide; for instance some people have managed to get an unofficial 4K version of Netflix working.

Back