Newbie HD-Fox T2 flasher!

equalizer

Hi and a big thank you for your excellent software and wiki.

I am now a flasher!

I have installed the mod software, the full web interface, plugins and even HDRboot using only the wiki and the forum as a guest.

I had to join though to show my appreciation with the forums excellent work.

A few things that stumped me on installing all the mods were:

Don't put the box in standby when installing anything (rookie error!)

Sometimes when installing via the web interface and some applications the web interface hung on 'please wait.'
After leaving it ages I just went back to humax ip address without the /install at the end and it just continued to install(within seconds), when I clicked the button again.

and the login for ftp is:
humaxftp
password:
0000 (four zeros)
I couldn't the username/password in the wiki.

Excellent software and I'm going to have a play tonight!

Welcome to the forums and I'm glad it all went smoothly for you!

Sometimes when installing via the web interface and some applications the web interface hung on 'please wait.'
After leaving it ages I just went back to humax ip address without the /install at the end and it just continued to install(within seconds), when I clicked the button again.

Yes, there are some packages that do this. We're fixing them as we find them so if you can remember which ones that would be useful : )

Off the top of my head the web interface hung on:

The web interface install!It hung after:
'Updated list of available packages in mod/var/opkg/base'
Left it 20 minutes and then went back to homepage and just clicked the 'download and install' button again and it continued.

and installing HDRboot it just hung on the first step. Acquiring please wait or something?!?!
I just left it half an hour (I did read in the forum it's better to install via telnet)
Anyway after 30 minutes I just went back to the hompage and it had installed.
I have since tested it with virtual disk and it works fine.

I think all other packages installed fine.

Back