Newbie, HDR 2000T transfer files from Toppy

Handyr

I have just purchased a new Humax. I have loads of .rec files from a toppy. However I need to preserve the subtitles, which play fine on VLC on PC. Is there a way to convert files to play on Humax that keeps the subs? I have tried renaming .rec to .ts. No luck. I have VideoReDo but can't work out the profiles. Would it do the job?

I have just purchased a new Humax. I have loads of .rec files from a toppy. However I need to preserve the subtitles, which play fine on VLC on PC. Is there a way to convert files to play on Humax that keeps the subs? I have tried renaming .rec to .ts. No luck. I have VideoReDo but can't work out the profiles. Would it do the job?
tle
I have seen a post that the new V5 of VRD preserves subtitles, I don't think V4 does. You could try out the free trial before upgrading.

http://www.videoredo.com/en/Products_TVSuite_V5.html

I have version 5. No luck. What I really wanted to do was play these files over a network like PLEX and retain subtitles. The only wAy have found is to do it is to use Humax .ts files or rename Toppy .rec files to .ts and use Total Video Converter (paid for) and convert to another format (lots of options). Subs become hard coded and stream fine. A bit time consuming. Shame there are so many formats etc.. All I want to do is record on PVR or Haupage WinTV and stream without converting files!!
Thanks for suggestion.

I have version 5. No luck. What I really wanted to do was play these files over a network like PLEX and retain subtitles. The only wAy have found is to do it is to use Humax .ts files or rename Toppy .rec files to .ts and use Total Video Converter (paid for) and convert to another format (lots of options). Subs become hard coded and stream fine. A bit time consuming. Shame there are so many formats etc.. All I want to do is record on PVR or Haupage WinTV and stream without converting files!!
Thanks for suggestion.

According to this post subtitles are retained.

http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/videoredo-tvsuite-v5.5998/page-2#post-80899

Back