Newbie help, especially user manual

silvatek

Hi. I've been on the forum in the past for my 9300T, but I've just purchased an HDR-FOXT2 for my 90-year-old Dad (he currently has a 9150) and I need to be able to support him remotely. I've had a downloaded 9150 manual from the Human Digital site for ages, but for some stupid reason there's a Verboten symbol where the HDR-FOXT2 manual download should be.

Is there really no PDF download for the FOXT2?? Seems crazy.

Also, is there any way to stop the FOXT2 from creating folders for recordings? It's gonna confuse the hell out of him.

Thanks in advance.

If you install the Custom Firmware, there is a package called Flatten that moves items out of folders. There is a link in the WiKi HERE where you can download version 309 of the HDR-Fox T2 User Manual, however it seems to have stopped working, give me 10 Mins. and it will be fixed

If you install the Custom Firmware, there is a package called Flatten that moves items out of folders
Thanks EP. Funnily enough, I checked the Humax site for firmware downloads but there's that pesky "banned" sign again. I don't want to change anything that drastic while it's still under guarantee, anyway. I was hoping for a simple secret settings menu.

A PDF of the user manual is my top priority (not that the manual is very good), anyway.

There is a HDR-FOX T2 manual available to download HERE, but this does not cover the very latest RE version.

Folders can be emptied and removed using the custom firmware and flatten package.

Thanks EP. Funnily enough, I checked the Humax site for firmware downloads but there's that pesky "banned" sign again. I don't want to change anything that drastic while it's still under guarantee, anyway. I was hoping for a simple secret settings menu.

A PDF of the user manual is my top priority (not that the manual is very good), anyway.
The HDR secret Menu is HERE
EDIT
Sorry just realised you were referring to a Secret Menu option to Flatten files, unfortunately no

...but offers no options for turning off series folders.

Without installing the CF, the only alternative is not to set series recordings (schedule the recording of each episode individually).

Back