Newbie question

valmiki

Hi All,

Long time lurker, first time poster.... hello everyone!

Boy, am I glad I bought the Hummy, having come from a Vestel T816 (I think) the HDR is a dream!

I'm using it to stream video from my NAS as I'm sure many of you are, my ReadyNAS Ultra is running ReadyDLNA to feed it to the Hummy.

Quick question though, is there a way of the Hummy seeing my media on the NAS but staying true to the folder structure that's o it, rather than having everything fed through as Video, Photo, Music, etc.? With all my TV series and Movies on the NAS, it would be so much easier to when trying to find something specific to watch rather than having to scroll through ALL the video folders. It would even be easier if I select say Video on the Hummy, and then follows the folder structure on the NAS.

Hope my query makes sense!

Thanks
Valmiki

No choice when it comes to streaming I'm sorry to say, that's the way Humax have implemented the DLNA client (and it may be mandated by the DLNA spec). However, if you use Samba to mount the network drive as a file-share, you will be able to navigate the directory structure the same as a local internal or USB drive.

Alongside what BlackHole has said above, there is a bit of work in progress to enable something to make it easier to manage mounting network drives to appear and function similar (or hopefully the same) as a directly connected USB drive - then you'll get true folder navigation and the ability to copy stuff across using the Hummy rather than through a laptop like me at the moment. I'm watching out for this to a) make using the NAS easier to navigate than the DLNA mullarkey and b) it should workaround the 4GB limit for streaming onto the Hummy. Further reading on the NAS request...

http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/mounting-a-network-share-on-the-hdr-fox-t2.992/
http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/best-way-to-share-content-with-nas.654/

@Black Hole this seems to be coming up quite a lot should we put something in the Index?

Thanks guys, looks like I have some reading ahead. Ps. I'm trying to find a beginner's guide to installing packages, is there such a thing?

Cheers
Valmiki

Back