Newbie Questions

If only there were a function like in the old MyStuff Topfield interface where the four coloured buttons jumped a programme by different times (5 mins, 1 min, 30 secs, or backwards 30 secs), which allowed you to get through the adds in three quick buttons pushes.
Don't worry, some transport control works with the HD- streaming from the HDR-FOX: skip forward / back (jumps preset in the menus), left-right cursor. As far as I can remember FF/REW doesn't work.

Without transport control I would have probably given up by now!

So, I've hooked up my new HD-T2 on my second telly. My set up is two TVs in different rooms, one with a HDR and one with a HD, with both boxes connected directly to my network. However, extremely annoyingly (as it's practically the only reason I bought the HD-T2) I can connect to my HDR recordings via the 'media' button, but when I browse into the folders, there are no programmes! It's exactly the same for my saved video mp4s on my network, which I can play fine from the HDR. On the HD I can browse the folders, but there are no actual video files showing up in the folders!

Any clues?.... :-(

Hold fire! I posted too soon. In my eagerness to get the new box working I didn't manually update the firmware. I DID do an automatic update, but that didn't do anything. Having done a manual update to the latest firmware it now works fine.

I'll post again another time when I've seen how well they work together.

Hi there, I've got a related problem in that my new hd fox T2 won't 'see' my hdr fox t2, although it seems to connect to the portal via the internet connection fine. Any ideas to help?

Thanks

Just jumping back to the DLNA "renderer" function question.

While I too would love to be able to push DLNA streams from mobile devices using something like Twonky "Beam Browser" (browse the we then redirect any video stream to the DLNA renderer), I can't see any way around the fact the Humax isn't listening for DLNA push, so doesn't show up in the "pushing" apps & therefore probably doesn't have handling for the push functionality.

However, as an (slightly less user-friendly) alterative there's an app called iMediaShare (lite) which lists some streaming channels that the Humax can browse to from the network media section. Although not all encompassing, find and send any stream like "Beam Browser", it does bring you a few more online channels to the Humax and additional video sites like DailyMotion and Vimeo.

I thought this was worth sharing.

p.s. I've only tried iMediaShare with the Humax from Android, but the app is available on iOS.

Like what?

They're all on demand videos & most of the content is 5mins or less, but there are videos from the likes of:
TED
The Guardian
NASA
Earth Touch
Discovery Channel
Audi.tv
Animal planet
and others

Plus you tube-alikes:
Daily Motion
Break
Video bash
Vimeo etc.

I use iMediaShare lite to push internet video to my TV and it really is excellent. I didn't know it could share the various sites locally as a DLNA server to let a client (e.g. a Humax) access them. Might have to have a play with that this weekend...

Back