Next weeks updates

trog

The DTG site has anounced OTA software upgrades starting on 19th December for the HDR Fox T2
but says it will be 1.02.28, is this correct as the latest on the Humax site for manual download is 1.02.29.

Hi all.Just joined here so this is my first post.

The DTG site has anounced OTA software upgrades starting on 19th December for the HDR Fox T2 but says it will be 1.02.28, is this correct as the latest on the Humax site for manual download is 1.02.29.
Good spot. The expectation of 1.02.29 came from an email from Graham North at Humax but that included a contradiction saying that it would be 1.02.29 but that it was a repeat (and as far as we know it hasn't been broadcast). Just have to wait and see I suppose unless anyone wants to contact Graham North.

Hi Martin,thanks. im still on 1.02.20 and will wait till im sure its 1.02.29 I think
Barry over on MyHumax.org says that it will be a 1.02.28 repeat. If you want 1.02.29 why not download it and apply via the USB stick method?

Barry over on MyHumax.org says that it will be a 1.02.28 repeat. If you want 1.02.29 why not download it and apply via the USB stick method?

I dont have a usb stick LOL, I cannot for the life of me understand why Humax would repeat 1.02.28 when they have had 1.02.29 for ages and it fixes some of the bugs of 1.02.28 and why it takes so long for a new manual upgrade to be made OTT.

It's intriguing isn't it? They must have their reasons for keeping with 1.02.28 but I don't know what they are.

Perhaps there will be a new version due to support the new TV Portal features recently reported.

Perhaps there will be a new version due to support the new TV Portal features recently reported.

It's good to be thinking in this positive way, But I wouldn't hold your breath, although I guess Chris is hinting that there is a Beta 1.02.30 out there with some extra / fixed feature, so who knows

The only person that will know is Barry over at the other forum.. but he will be under an NDA.. but he has said the browser on the box needs an update, so that can only mean one thing.

I could be reading too much into this one, but if you have a browse over to test.humaxtvportal.com and look at the iPlayer app, the screen shots show the NEW version of iPlayer..

I thought you might say that, none of the links on that screen do anything in either Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer for me

Works in Chrome for me.. use the cursor keys & Enter key instead of the mouse!

Thanks for that, got the cursor keys & Enter key working in Firefox, so do you think the 'App. Market' etc. will be available on the HDR-Fox T2? I did see another thread that said the HDR isn't supported
BTW
I found where the cursor doesn't work e.g. on the 'Coloured Buttons' the mouse does work

Well I've managed to register and also register my device ok.
The only thing missing on the box portal is the App Market. I guess that they have purposely excluded this app until the update is released.
Tv schedule and guide is blank so far. But it doesnt say it's not supported!
There is also an option to view HDD info, but that's also blank.

I wonder if because they are updating the browser they will finally include mheg-IC for the ip
Channels? Probably not, but they really should.

I updated my "out of the box" firmware (.20) to .29 and installed the custom firmware. Should I install the app that prevents OTA updates?

Back