Nicesplice-Magic-Folder Problems

Starbase

Hi, Firstly congratulations on the excellent improvements made to the Humax HDR Fox T2 with the Custom Firmware! Now hopefully for some help?

I have been using "nicesplice-magic-folders" quite successfully for some time, to trim the start and end of recordings, but today I have hit a problem, I am unable to access the Edit/Cut folder.

The HDR T2, displays the usual "Processing" message, but it does not time out, the Humax appears to lock up. Possibly the "Cut" folder is corrupted. I cannot even delete the folder.
If I try to access any other folders in the Edit group such as "Join" or any other folder there is no problem.

I have run "Fix-Disk" from Telnet, but this has not resolved the problem, is there any way to delete the "Cut" folder and then recreate it using Telnet? Any advise will be gratefully appreciated

The following two commands will delete a folder called [cut] and all its contents, then create a new empty [cut] folder:-

Code:
rm -r [cut]

mkdir [cut]

Note:- you need to navigate to the sub folder that contains the [cut] folder using cd first

I may be talking out of my arse here, but won't the nice splice package create a [cut] folder automatically if there isn't one? Why not just delete it from the Humax media browser?

The following two commands will delete a folder called [cut] and all its contents, then create a new empty [cut] folder:-

Code:
rm -r [cut]

mkdir [cut]

Note:- you need to navigate to the sub folder that contains the [cut] folder using cd first

Hi I have opened up a "cli" command line to use "cd" change directory, but I'm unsure of the instruction to use to navigate to the sub folder, please advise, thanks

Hi I have opened up a "cli" command line to use "cd" change directory, but I'm unsure of the instruction to use to navigate to the sub folder, please advise, thanks
I am not sure where the [cut] folder is, but assuming it is directly under My Video enter :-

Code:
 cd /'media/My Video'

I am not sure where the [cut] folder is, but assuming it is directly under My Video enter :-

Code:
 cd /'media/My Video'

Hi, I have tried again, cd /'media/video/edit' takes me to the folder containing the corrupt "cut" folder, but when I type rm -r [cut], the following message is displayed:-

rm: can't remove '[cut]' : no such file or directory

When I try to create a [cut] folder, by typing mkdir [cut], the following message is displayed:-

mkdir: can't create directory '[cut]': read-only file system

Any further suggestions?? Thanks in Advance

Hi, I've already tried the fix disk option from the maintenance mode, with no success, I've been doing a long hard-disk self test, which has just finished and is showing "completed without error" ?? So where do I go next?

I think you need a few 'command line' commands to proceed eg :-

pwd = Where am I (you are not allowed to write to all parts of the HDD and I don't think you in /media/My Video)
cd / = change directory to root (the top folder)

Code:
humax# cd /
humax# pwd
/
humax# mkdir [cut]
cannot create directory `[cut]': Read-only file system
humax# cd /'media/My Video'
humax# pwd
/media/My Video
humax# mkdir [cut]
humax#

In this example the first mkdir failed because you are not allowed to write to the '/' root folder, the second time it worked

Hi again, after the long hard-drive test, I've tried telnet again as Ezra suggested, but I didn't seem to get very far. So I tried deleting the [cut] folder from the Web Interface and Success, I then removed Nicesplice-Magic Folders from the installed packages and then re-installed it, the [cut] folder now appears to be back to normal.

I can only assume that the long hard-drive test has resolved the access issues with the corrupted folder? Thanks for all the help and suggestions

I know this is way into next year but this is the only applicable thread I can find to Necro.

I had a similar problem some months ago : using NiceSplice MagicFolders to edit(crop) a lot of files.
One day the [cut] folder (which is in [edit]) seemed to be unaccesible : navigating to it seemed to make the box 'hang'.
This inspired me to investigate ising FTP and navigating into [cut] from the PC didn't actually hang, it just took some minutes to get into there and show the file list.
The reason was around 75,000 zero-size sidecar files.
These had been produced by MagicFolders trying to NiceSplice three video files and failing ... for days. Each attempt to NiceSplice them created two sidecar files but no cropped video file ... repeating without end.
I used FTP to delete those files and my access to [cut] went back to normal.

Advice to delete [cut] in this thread seemed strange to me since [done] is inside [cut] and you'd lose all your completed crops doing it that way.

Can MagicFolders me improved to detect a failure of NiceSplice and create an error message file in the folder instead of repeating?

Back