Nicesplice magic folders problem

JGHummy

Hi
I decided to try nicesplice it works great from the WebIf crops no problem
I have tried a couple of files in the edit/cut folder but they just sit there
Is there some step I am missing ?

Thanks

Do you have the nicesplice-magic-folders package installed?
I think so all the folders are there
Just checked package management it says 1.2 is installed
Sorry to keep editing this
info says

Code:
>>> opkg whatdepends nicesplice-magic-folders

Root set:

nicesplice-magic-folders

What depends on root set

I don't use this package myself but it seems that it runs a daemon at boot that keeps an eye out for things appearing in the magic folders. Do you have anything in the modinit log file following a boot relating to nicesplice or editmonitor?

Hi
I was not sure about using Telnet so as it was working from webif decided do nothing
Mysteriously it began working as intended
This weekend it stopped working again
I thought no problem back to webif not much hassle
However webif no longer works I am getting errors as below

Code:
Processing Strictly Come Dancing_20131109_1834
Moving recording to /media/My Video/[edit]/[cut]/(Move file here with bookmarks marking cut points)/_original
Runtime Error: execute.jim:43: Can't open /media/My Video/[edit]/[cut]/(Move file here with bookmarks marking cut points)/_original/Strictly Come Dancing_20131109_1834.hmt at file "execute.jim", line 43

There is nothing in _original

Only changes made between working and not working I installed undelete package
I have now installed swapper 1.0.0 still getting errors
Any help will be appreciated

I don't use this package myself but it seems that it runs a daemon at boot that keeps an eye out for things appearing in the magic folders. Do you have anything in the modinit log file following a boot relating to nicesplice or editmonitor?
Hi
Sorry for no reply
I did not see you post until today
I would not know how to check this
Edit
I have found modinit log in the webif
Nothing about nicesplice or editmonitor in there
Thanks

I have now installed swapper 1.0.0 still getting errors
Any help will be appreciated
Perhaps it's some other problem then.
Just to confirm, can you try this with Telnet and post the results:
Code:
humax# free -m
humax# nicesplice

I think you are trying to use two different methods of executing nicesplice simultaneously with the result that everything's getting confused. The nicesplice-magic-folders package should only be used from the Humax UI not the web interface.
When attempting a crop from the web interface do not move/copy the file into these special folders first, just use the OPT+ button on the file in its original location and then select crop from the menu.

The "_original" folders are only created by the web interface not by the nicesplice-magic-folders package. They should not appear under the [edit] tree.

Apologies for only just picking up this thread. Magic folders produces a log in tmp/editMonitor.log which should show any problems it encountered. You should be able to view this through the webif (diagnostics page I think).

I notice above it looks like you may have copied the file to crop into the [edit]/[cut]/(Move file here with bookmarks marking cut points) folder rather than just [edit]/[cut]? The text in brackets is intended to just be a hint, that can be deleted, rather than the actual folder that is used. Maybe this is also causing problems when used via the webif crop due to the length of the path or something.

Perhaps it's some other problem then.
Just to confirm, can you try this with Telnet and post the results:
Code:
humax# free -m
humax# nicesplice

Hi this is what I get
Code:
humax# free -m
            total        used        free      shared      buffers
Mem:        124984      122140        2844            0        15396
-/+ buffers:            106744        18240
Swap:      131064            0      131064
humax# nicesplice
Usage: -in infile [in -infile] [-out outfile] [-cut time1 time2] [-cutframes cut
frame1 cutframe2]|[-cutBookMarks] [-noAlignCuts] [-addBookMark pos] [-dump] [-no
StripEPG] [-tsr section] -[DebugOutput]
humax#

Thanks

Apologies for only just picking up this thread. Magic folders produces a log in tmp/editMonitor.log which should show any problems it encountered. You should be able to view this through the webif (diagnostics page I think).

I notice above it looks like you may have copied the file to crop into the [edit]/[cut]/(Move file here with bookmarks marking cut points) folder rather than just [edit]/[cut]? The text in brackets is intended to just be a hint, that can be deleted, rather than the actual folder that is used. Maybe this is also causing problems when used via the webif crop due to the length of the path or something.
Hi
Nothing in editMonitor.log shows 0.00 bytes from view in webif
Will check moving files to where you suggest and post back
Thanks

I think you are trying to use two different methods of executing nicesplice simultaneously with the result that everything's getting confused. The nicesplice-magic-folders package should only be used from the Humax UI not the web interface.
When attempting a crop from the web interface do not move/copy the file into these special folders first, just use the OPT+ button on the file in its original location and then select crop from the menu.

The "_original" folders are only created by the web interface not by the nicesplice-magic-folders package. They should not appear under the [edit] tree.

Thanks to all especially yourself and Drutt

Now understand better
All OK now

Back