Nicesplice not working

michael.h

(/mod/bin/nicesplice -in {/media/My Video/AngelsandDemons_20131013_2200} -in {/media/My Video/AngelsandDemons_20131013_2317} -out {/media/My Video/AngelsandDemons}) Runtime Error: execute.jim:24: child killed by signal SIGKILL at file "execute.jim", line 24

Are your packages up to date?
Is your media decrypted, is it just this file that fails?
Is this error from the webif or the command line?
Are you really wrapping the file path in {braces}? Why do that, it doesn't seem legitimate to me.

Does the file work with other commands via ssh like…
stat "/media/My Video/Angels & Demons_20131013_2200.ts"
Note the "quoted path" to deal with the spaces and ampersand. Or you can use tab to autocomplete & escape the characters.
I'd also rename the file because non alpha characters can be a point of breakage for some shells when not escaped or quoted correctly.

It has obviously come from the webif. The jim interpreter uses the braces to delimit the parameters and there should be no problem with spaces or ampersand. It all looks perfectly valid to me. However, I do not know why the nicesplice process has been sent SIGKILL, unless it was manually killed.

Are your packages up to date?..............Yes
Is your media decrypted,..............Yes
is it just this file that fails? ..............No
Is this error from the webif or the command line? ...... Webif, don't know linux so cannot use command line
Are you really wrapping the file path in {braces}? .... Braces inserted by Nicesplice.

Don't know what ssh is!

I think I have to assume that Nicesplice cannot work with decrypted files.

I think I have to assume that Nicesplice cannot work with decrypted files.
You assume wrongly. When nicesplice didn't work for me, it was because the box was out of memory.
You could try installing the swapper package which will give you a 128MB swap file, thus doubling the memory the Humax has to play with, and see if that makes any difference.

My sincere thanks to prpr for your suggestion and the clear and straightforward commands I could paste into putty.
The swap file did the trick.
While my computing history pre-dates the hard drive, IBM pc only having a single side floppy drive capable of 180k per disk! I find it difficult to learn new things.

Back