Nicesplice problem

That looks like the '-' should be inside the '[' not outside it, but as it doesn't seem to be documented anywhere, who can tell.
There are some nicesplice command line notes on the WiKi HERE
Is this just based on observation, supposition or some other knowledge
There is correlation between the number of seconds and the number of frames e.g.
Code:
 9458 X approx. 41.5 fps = 392609 frames
10647 X approx. 41.5 fps = 437427 frames
16785 X approx. 41.5 fps = 697750 frames
18716 X approx. 41.5 fps = 776714 frames

It's been a fair old while since I've looked at the nicesplice code, but I'll try and find some time soon to see if I can recreate this problem. It certainly looks like it's down to the size of the recording - it was quite tricky getting support for files of > 4 gigs in, and there may be some problems in there. There are a couple of buffers that assume the recording will be less than 8 hours, but I see this was 6 so should be ok with that. Can't promise anything within the next week, but hang on to that recording for now...

It has been used successfully by many, so it is not useless as such.
I never said it was. It said it was a bit not a complete lemon.
Your original quotes showed the command line response "killed" after you presumably aborted the naked "nicesplice" command which would normally respond with the usage string - so what were we supposed to think?
I have no idea what you were supposed to think. I just related what it did. You presume wrongly as well - I did not abort anything. It just did it in response to running it. What am I supposed to think given that? I guess the "Killed" message is a bit of Busybox stupidity, as it patently wasn't killed because it never started in the first place. Why couldn't Busybox say "Out of memory" or something useful instead of something useless?

Anyway, I have been running with a small swap file for a few days now, which should stop stupidity like this. I don't see why this couldn't be made an option or a separate package.

Tim, there is a new version (1.5) of nicesplice is uploaded, with better memory usage and no file length limit. Let me know if it works with your recording in case if you still have it.

Thanks!

Steve

Prpr said:

Anyway, I have been running with a small swap file for a few days now, which should stop stupidity like this. I don't see why this couldn't be made an option or a separate package.

Are you referring to swapper? If so it is in the repository according to the twitter feed.

Hummy Pkg ‏@HummyPkg 4 Nov
New package: swapper (1.0.0) [946.00 bytes] - prpr - Swapfile setup.
Reply Retweet Favorite More Expand

Swapper is available from the Web-If >> Package Management >> Available screen, you may have to enable Advanced Package with Web-if >> Settings >> Advanced Settings >> Show development and advanced packages = Yes in order to see it in your list. This is prpr's package

Prpr said:

Are you referring to swapper? If so it is in the repository according to the twitter feed.

Hummy Pkg ‏@HummyPkg 4 Nov
New package: swapper (1.0.0) [946.00 bytes] - prpr - Swapfile setup.
Reply Retweet Favorite More Expand
I wasn't referring to it at the time, as I had not then packaged it up. Swapper came out of this to make it easy for others.

Sadly, some obviously felt aggrieved by it, so it's tough for others as it's now been removed.
You will have to: a) work it out yourself, b) wait for one of the Gods to do something else or c) not bother.

He basically accused me of plagiarism (from xyz321).
Fact is I wrote it from scratch, pulling together details that I read here. It's very difficult to write it any other way really.
I'm afraid you'll have to take it up with Him.

Oh yeah, I admit to changing history (like a lot of others do), before anyone accuses me of it.

Then why not share your efforts? It is a good package.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Sorry, but I refer the honourable gentleman back to post #30.

You could always ask Raydon to write you a package.

Tim, there is a new version (1.5) of nicesplice is uploaded, with better memory usage and no file length limit. Let me know if it works with your recording in case if you still have it.

Thanks!

Steve

I was away when I saw your post; came back and immediately threw my 28 gb file at the updated Nicesplice. It worked flawlessly - kept around 15% of it and discarded the dross in about 5 minutes - report below if you're interested.
Processing Reading Festival_ Bands from Main and____20130823_1900
Moving recording to /media/My Video/_original
Reading Festival_ Bands from Main and____20130823_1900.hmt
Reading Festival_ Bands from Main and____20130823_1900.thm
Reading Festival_ Bands from Main and____20130823_1900.nts
Reading Festival_ Bands from Main and____20130823_1900.ts
Found bookmark at - 9457
Found bookmark at - 10646
Found bookmark at - 16785
Found bookmark at - 18715
progLen = 21607s, 4 bookmarks, HD = 1
Read 904960 entries from nts
cut at nan seconds = frame 392586 (9457513)
cut at nan seconds = frame 437405 (10646478)
cut at nan seconds = frame 697750 (16785460)
cut at nan seconds = frame 783529 (18715672)
-----------------------------------+++------------------------+++++++-----------
Wrote 130606 entries to /media/My Video/Reading Festival_ Bands from Main and____20130823_1900. Stripped 619005 packets (116063k) of EPG data
New Program Length = 3119s
Renaming file group to Reading Festival_ Bands from Main and____20130823_1900-1386101076
Time taken: 453.543
Thank you so much - it's a cracking utility, and I really appreciate your response.

Back