No audio from box through hdmi

Robti

Hi so on my last avr I had to use an optical cable to get audio and everything was fine I just took it that there was a quirk with my old avr, so roll onto now and a new avr and setting things up and the same problem no audio through the hdmi, so I know I can reconnect the optical and get audio but can anyone tell me why ?
Thanks

should say last avr was a Yamaha Rx-a3050 and new one is denoted avr-4500h

Try connecting the HDMI directly to the TV - that will prove whether the audio is coming through. I don't use an amp; I never have any problem.

Try connecting the HDMI directly to the TV - that will prove whether the audio is coming through. I don't use an amp; I never have any problem.
Thanks I forgot to even give that a try, that should have been my first option

Sorry not had time to remove from the av unit but an update, I also have an old satellite receiver that I use and that also is around 10 years old and has the same problem of no audio, so I switched my monitor out on the avr to off and I get sound but no video obviously switch monitor back on and I lose audio but get video back. Now go into the hdmi settings and switch the hdmi out from enhanced (which I need for DV) to standard and everything works fine switch it back to enhanced and I lose audio, so I am assuming that the boxes are just to old for new 4K devices, unless anyone can explain better?
Thanks
btw hav3 reverted to using optical for the present

Don't know about 4K but I had a similar problem with my Panasonic/Humax/ Onkyo TXSR608 amp. I have optical out from both TV and Humax to amp, the latter as we can listen to freeview radio without switching on the TV.

Hi, I thought I would let you all know that I have found a fix for the hdmi handshack failure with my LG tv. I read that buying a 4K hdmi splitter might fix the issue. So I bought one on eBay for around £12 and connected it up earlier and it worked! I now have both picture and sound!!:)

Here’s what to paste into eBay as I’m not allowed to link the url.

Ultra 1080P 4k 1 in 2 out HDCP Stripper 1x2 HDMI Splitter Power Signal Amplifier

Hope that helps others with the same issues I was having.

Thanks

James

Don't know about 4K but I had a similar problem with my Panasonic/Humax/ Onkyo TXSR608 amp. I have optical out from both TV and Humax to amp, the latter as we can listen to freeview radio without switching on the TV.
i had it on my last avr a yamaha rxa3050 and resigned myself to using optical and have had to do the same with this new denon, i will just live with it, giving up the satellite box next year if RTL drop the F1

I have a HDR T2 connected to a Denon AVR X6400H and audio plays fine via HDMI. When there is more than 1 audio connection between a connected device and the AVR, it is necessary to specify which input mode to use within the Denon's "Input Select" menu in Setup. When I got the AVR about 2 years ago I tried both HDMI and a SPDIF link for audio, this worked ok if I selected "digital" as the input mode for either when both were connected, but if I let the Denon default to "Auto" ("Automatically detect input signal and perform playback") there was no sound. It has only just occurred to me that I don't understand how the Human outputs audio if both HDMI and SPDIF are connected (does it use both or prioritise 1?). Once I found that having only the HDMI connected was fine, I just disconnected the SPDIF. When there is only one audio input from a device to the Denon AVR, "Input Select" is not available. Not sure if any of this will be of use, but might be helpful to know that at least one person has audio over HDMI working with a Denon.

Thanks just tried it by pulling the optical out of the humax going into the denon settings and turning optical off for that input, rebooted and no volume, then thought it my be something to do with hd channels but still the same, another reboot but still no volume, now it might be the hdmi output is faulty as it was put straight into the av cabinet when I got it and connected to the receiver, so will live with it for now and hope if I’m moving anything about i will try straight into the tv.

Last edited:
Back