No cached EPG data....

Jad22

Hi, I've just set up my HDR-Fox T2 and HD-Fox T2 as master/slave with the latest custom firmware and web interface. I'm using recursive decrypt and FoxLink and it works a treat. Thanks to all the hard work from those involved...amazing.
However, I just can't get the EPG to work on my HD-Fox T2. I get the message:

"No cached EPG data, try again later (no such table: epg.epg)."

I can't figure out what to do to fix this, can anyone help please.
Cheers

In WebIf go to Diagnostics. In the 'Run Diagnostic:' box overwrite general with rs/sync and click on Run Diagnostic.
A good reference for available diagnostics is here

If this does not work then you will have to wait a short time to allow the boxes to populate their EPGs

Hi, thanks for the suggestion. I did as requested and it still has the same message. I'll do as you say and wait for a while
to give it time. Thanks again. I'm learning every day, didn't know about the "Run Diagnostics" options. Thank you.

That's standard for HD-FOX, as far as I can see - mine does that all the time. There are differences between HD-FOX and HDR-FOX which may not be fully accounted for in the CF, and the functionality that the WebIF EPG browser relies on may not be present in HD-FOX (or may be located elsewhere).

There is a work-around: RS.

Update: the above applied until I set the HD-FOX up for recording using a USB drive. Now it has recording capability, WebIF EPG works as normal.

Last edited:
However, I just can't get the EPG to work on my HD-Fox T2. I get the message:

"No cached EPG data, try again later (no such table: epg.epg)."
What size disk is attached to your HD? I think the minimum is 32GB for recording to be enabled (and EPG information to be saved to disk).
I can't figure out what to do to fix this, can anyone help please.
I used to "scp" the epg.db file from the HDR to the HD automatically every 10 minutes using a Cron job. Worked very nicely and kept the WebIf happy.

I've no idea what all that witter is about "rs/sync" up-thread. I presume you don't have RS installed seeing as you said nothing about it. Somebody's jumped to a wrong conclusion it seems, for whatever reason.

Oh, I've just read your other thread where you say the disk is 16GB. That proves it then.

Hi, thanks for the info and help. To tell the truth I haven't bothered with RS. I'm only using the HD-Fox as a slave to my HDR-Fox T2, so that "My good lady" can view already recorded programs on the TV in the bedroom. So the EPG is really not vitally important, I think I will just leave that one.
By the way, I just want to say a big thank you to all those involved in the development of the custom software and web interface. I thought about buying the new HDR box with an H3 but then thought why! when I already have all the kit that I need. So after reading the Forums and the Wiki, I followed the instructions to the letter and it works a treat. Based on my other Post I will try a larger USB drive, but really I suppose it's not that important that the HD-Fox can record. So again I might leave that feature out. Thanks again for the help.

Recording on the HD-FOX is very much a second-best. There is no easy way to decrypt and share (HDR Mode is an option, and it works for some, but I've never had success with it and it is a fiddle at best). I recommend you stick with the felxibility of the HDR-FOX for recording, and just use the HD-FOX as a means to access recordings remotely (as I do, with three HDR-FOXes on the network).

Back