No Channel 5 signal, yet TV itself has it fine

BenB

My HDR-FOX T2 has all but lost its Channel 5 signal, yet 5+1 is fine, and the TV's own tuner shows it fine. (and the TV is plugged in in series after the t2)

I've tried a rescan with no aerial attached, then a clean scan again, but it didn't bring it back. Other TV's in the house have it fine too. Is it just a really sensitive tuner on the Humax?

(I know I'm not missing much on 5, but I have to record The Walking Dead on 5+1 and it's really annoying me!)

Approx location and transmitter you use would help. Have you channel numbers over 800 on the Humax. If so is there a channel 5 amongst these ?

I'm in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk. How do I find which transmitter I use? Is it possible to manually set up a channel using info from what the TV is tuned to?

I had a Channel 5 in the 800's too, it had the same bad signal. I always delete all the 800+ channels, but I checked to see if 5 was any better first.

I'm in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk. How do I find which transmitter I use? Is it possible to manually set up a channel using info from what the TV is tuned to?

I had a Channel 5 in the 800's too, it had the same bad signal. I always delete all the 800+ channels, but I checked to see if 5 was any better first.

If you have reception from more than 1 transmitter the box scans from the lowest to the highest frequencies, when it finds a signal it stores the first found at the correct local channel number (this may or may not be the one you want), when it finds duplicates it stores these at 800+. Deleting the 800's may be deleting the ones you want.

Put your postcode in here and tick the detailed view. Post the transmitter recommended for where you are, if there's more than 1 look at your aerial tell us which way it's pointing. When the information is available the 6 uhf channel numbers required to solve the problem can be found.

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/postcodechecker/

Next you need to delete all your existing channels and manually add the ones using the numbers above. No doubt once the numbers are found there will be no shortage of advice as to how to manual tune. A search on here will find the info.

Strangely Channel 5 popped back to life, showing 50% signal strength and 100% quality All by itself! Weird.

thanks for the info though I'll look into how to manual tune, just so I know!

Many of the channels around here have fallen to around 50% recently. Picture quality on some channels such as 5 and ITV2 regularly falls
below anything I'd consider acceptable. It certainly wouldn';t have been allowed on the analogue system.
The quality indicator on the Humax seldom does anything except to indicate the picture has almostcompletely gone
from what I can tell.
Perhaps they are doing something to try and provide better channels for the olympics and its having an impact?
Either way I wouldnt be happy if I was a TV watcher myself.

Back