No channels found?

Shopps

Hi,

My trusty old HDR- Fox T2 box has always worked fine & was fine last night, However, got up today 23rd June & had the message 'No channels found, please re tune' It is as if the box has been rest to default settings and all scheduled recordings were gone.

Has anyone else had this issue lately? On software 1.02.32, loader a7.30.

Thanks in advance.

Same here. There was a re-tune needed being advertised for today. Clearly has auto re-tuned and lost the lot... having waited for slot between XBOX games to get on the Humax and re-tune here is running through now and the cutom firmware web-if will restore the schedules

Steve

Yes, same here - I have 2 boxes and both had schedules wiped and no channels. I did a retune and restored the schedules. A big "Thankyou!" to everyone involved in producing the Custom Firmware package, which makes a re-tune such a doddle - by automatically deleting unwanted channels and providing a restore point for the schedule.

Yippee, back u and running many thanks Black Hole. The only channels I cannot yet find are the HD ones using DVB-T2. Large gap from after 200 series i.e no 101 for BBC 1 HD etc.

I get really peed off with this nag screens telling me to re-tune my Humax. As far as I am concerned, I'm usually happy with the status quo and as far as having QVC in HD, well I ask you!
Anyway, in order to stop the nag screen yesterday, I noted down my schedule list of programmes (only 6 at this time of the year) and did the retune and re-entered my schedule afterwards.
It's a pity there isn't a way of getting rid of that nag screen like you can on computers by ticking a 'don't show this again' box.

<sigh>
There is if you run the Customised Firmware.
</sigh>

Last edited:
I think what HHGTTG is implying is simply that it shouldn't really be necessary to have to edit the channel list again after a retune without having to set up Customised Firmware.
For instance, our Panny TV showed the nag screen this morning, did a retune, but only the new channels were added to my edited channel list. It was a simple matter of unticking those added.
No doubt the original eggheads at Humax hadn't thought that one through, but the BYTs* here worked around it.

* BH's original expression!

This is the difference between 'Add Channels' and 'Re-Scan Channels' (from scratch), adding channels can cause problems because of one change affecting another, Humax obviously didn't feel confident enough to be able 'Add channels' without cocking it up, so went for the re-scan, this wouldn't be so bad IF they had managed to preserve the recording schedule and Favourites list, which they don't, however, this is also fixed when using the Custom Firmware

Thanks for some understanding. There are some things that I'd rather not do and installing customised firmware is one of them. I find Freeview populated, in my view, with so much nonsense and unnecessary channels that after a re-tune I spend much longer going through the List deleting so much of it.
As I have got older and now in my late 70s, I find TV and what to watch getting more difficult and so find these continual upgrades to the Freeview output very irritating. Fortunately my Sony Smart TV seems to do it all automatically and without my knowledge.

If you ever decide to make the leap to Custom Firmware you could set it up add the following features :-
1) Prevent the Humax displaying a re-tune nag screen in the first place
2) Have your recording schedule and Favourites lists backed up and replaced automatically when a re-tune is done
3) Prevent Humax updating your firmware automatically Over The Air (not possible without CFW or a recurring timer)

Last edited:
4) Auto delete channels that have come back due to a retune. Specify delete list once and then that is it!

Fortunately my Sony Smart TV seems to do it all automatically and without my knowledge.
Many makes and models of TV perform the retune quietly in the background, but they are not saddled with the complication of a recording schedule. Does your Sony retain your preferences for deleted services though?

We do come across people who would not touch the custom firmware with a barge pole, but then complain because the standard firmware won't do this or annoyingly does that. This strikes me as being like putting up with toothache because you don't want to go to the dentist.

I have installed CF on a friend's machine to bypass those annoyances, and she doesn't even know it's there (not that it was done without permission). That machine isn't even connected to the Internet. It saves me the hassle of providing support when otherwise there would have been undesirable events - such as retunes (most of which are irrelevant, or at least of minimal consequence).

Many makes and models of TV perform the retune quietly in the background, but they are not saddled with the complication of a recording schedule. Does your Sony retain your preferences for deleted services though?

Our Panny does and in addition, if I delete a channel in error, I simply have to tick the relevant box for it to be restored without the need for a retune.

@ HHGTTG,
I sympathise with your comments about TV content. I wrote this a few years ago and I don't think much has changed for me to alter my opinion. Titled "What's the point?"

Last edited:
Back