No default authority data available for this channel. Unable to set the recording.

Can someone tell me what this means when I try to record a Channel 162 (Drama) programme? I am recording nothing else on that day.

raydon needs to update the central channel database to include this channel, then you need to do a 'check for updates'.

Does this mean the Foxsat needs a custom fix just to be able to record from a new service?? Note that the post is in the non-custom section of the Foxsat section of the hummy.tv forum.

It needs an entry in the database as posted by AF123, to be able to set recordings via the webif. Recordings set on the actual box using the standard UI are not affected. If the request is posted in the official monitored thread, depending on one of the experts with the capability to provide an updated package being available it normally takes a day or two.

AF123 will no doubt be able to explain why this is required for the Foxsat and not for the HDR FOX T2. Suffice it to say this was the only way found to make it work. I imagine AF123 was involved in the original investigations. TBH it's no biggy, it's not hard to use the actual box to set up a recording (The Webif remote of course can still be used for those rooted to a PC :) )

Fair enough, but if this problem only affects the Foxsat WebIF then the OP posted in the wrong place and unhelpfully made no mention that he is not using the SUI. (Topic now moved to the custom firmware section.)

Last edited:
AF123 will no doubt be able to explain why this is required for the Foxsat and not for the HDR FOX T2. Suffice it to say this was the only way found to make it work. I imagine AF123 was involved in the original investigations.
No, I'm afraid I can't.
My guess would be that the authority string is required to insert something into the schedule and that the required information cannot (yet) be retrieved from the box, hence the external database on hpkg.tv.

No, I'm afraid I can't.
My guess would be that the authority string is required to insert something into the schedule and that the required information cannot (yet) be retrieved from the box, hence the external database on hpkg.tv.

Thanks for that. It's not really much of an issue, crops up infrequently on minor channels which I suspect most of us don't watch let alone record :). Minor housekeeping task much like maintaining channel logos.

the OP posted in the wrong place and unhelpfully made no mention that he is not using the SUI.
Then take him out and shoot him if it makes you feel better BH.:p
To anyone who has a Foxsat, and thus possibly affected by the problem, will know that it's the WI CF webif for that device that does this. Unless you are using a Foxsat with the WI webif, you won't get the 'problem':roflmao:

Last edited:
Who knows who might read this. It helps to establish the context, and its location in the forum filing system is part of the context (which has now been corrected).

Then take him out and shoot him if it makes you feel better BH.:p
To anyone who has a Foxsat, and thus possibly affected by the problem, will know that it's the WI for that device that does this. Unless you are using a Foxsat with the WI, you wont get the 'problem':roflmao:
Trev, what on Earth has the Women's Institute got to do with the Foxsat HDR ? FYI there is no database on the Foxsat that contains default authority data and recordings do not contain any streams to extract this information. Hence the requirement to add this field manually when creating an entry to the schedule. It's a PITA but no way round it has been found yet.

Hi raydon. That seems pretty much like a bit like a wrong abbreviation to a possibly non standard term. It was a reference to the Web Interface, but perhaps I should have used the abbreviation CF (Custome Firmware). :laugh:But since when have you taken to the assumption that I know what I am talking about?:duel: Ah, I see, thank goodness you haven't.

FYI there is no database on the Foxsat that contains default authority data and recordings do not contain any streams to extract this information. Hence the requirement to add this field manually when creating an entry to the schedule. It's a PITA but no way round it has been found yet.
That begs the question: how does the SUI manage it then?

Can someone tell me what this means when I try to record a Channel 162 (Drama) programme? I am recording nothing else on that day.
The default authority entry for channel 162 already exists in the database. The last update to this file was back in December 2015. All you need to do is click on the "Update package list from Internet" button in the "Package Management" page of the Web Interface. This will also update your local copy of the default authority database file from the repository. Please note that a reboot will then be required in order for the new data to be read in by the EPG utility.

Hi raydon. That seems pretty much like a bit like a wrong abbreviation to a possibly non standard term. It was a reference to the Web Interface, but perhaps I should have used the abbreviation CF (Custome Firmware). :laugh:But since when have you taken to the assumption that I know what I am talking about?:duel: Ah, I see, thank goodness you haven't.
You were right the first time Trev. It is the EPG in the Web Interface (more commonly referred to as the webif) that uses this file. It was just your abbreviation to WI that I questioned. There are already too many non standard abbreviations in use on this forum without creating any more.:frantic:

Corrected yet again. (but left the mistakes crossed out so the following posts don't look any more silly than they are).

Back