no info in EPG for E4, More4, Channel 4, C4HD

marion

I've got no info in my epg, for the above channels, starting Saturday morning (April 28th). Has something changed, or is it my box??

I remember having an email from Humax's Graham North advising that those were being moved to another transponder and would require a retune.

I remember having an email from Humax's Graham North advising that those were being moved to another transponder and would require a retune.

Apart from CH4-HD all the SD ones moved seamlessly from Astra 2A to Astra 1N a while ago. CH4-HD was recently off air for a while not because it moved transponder but because it's transponder was changed from DVB-S2 to DVB-S (the subject of the e-mail). There was a similar problem about a month ago. The epg kept getting cut short on a Saturday.

Channel 4-HD last changed transponder 22nd November last year when it moved from Eutelsat28A to Astra 1N.

I deleted that email so I was quoting from memory. I think I saw a reference somewhere that the EPG information was coming from a different satellite to the one that sends the video streams.

I deleted that email so I was quoting from memory. I think I saw a reference somewhere that the EPG information was coming from a different satellite to the one that sends the video streams.
23rd March 2012 (no retune was needed) Note the boob - FREEVIEW

Freeview HD Channel 4 planned outage

Dear Humax user,
Channel 4 have scheduled a change to the transponder that carries C4 HD.

The change will occur overnight on 27th March into early hours of 28th March – (23.00 to 03.00), and we therefore expect that C4 HD will be unavailable for a maximum of 4 hours at this time.

Humax freesat products will rescan for channels if left in Standby mode so the changes will be detected, however in the unlikely event that your product doesn't find this change or is powered off overnight a “freesat Tune” will be all that is required to fix this issue.

I did an auto tune and factory reset, no different.
Does anyone know what I am supposed to do, and when???

I did an auto tune and factory reset, no different.
Does anyone know what I am supposed to do, and when???

All you can do is wait for Channel 4 to sort it out. It's not a problem with your box. If you need to set a recording before use a manual one.

I can confirm that my HD box is the same as yours. As I can't record I do not normally look that far ahead so I would not have noticed until Saturday, if then.

Back