No longer decrypting - please help.

Jason X

I've had my HDR-Fox T2 for almost a year.

I've been running 2.1 Firmware without any problems since day one.

Auto-unprotect still works fine, with 'enc' flags being removed, but auto-decrypt has stopped working.

Any ideas why or how to get it restarted?

Thanks, Jason

And is it still running ?, (I'm sure my English teacher told me not to start a sentence with the word 'and', ah well . . .)

Web-If >> Diagnostics >> DLNA Server
DLNA.png

I've had my HDR-Fox T2 for almost a year.

Auto-unprotect still works fine, with 'enc' flags being removed, but auto-decrypt has stopped working.

And ... :) ... how much free space is there on the HDR?

On Web-if, Diagnostics page, click on 'auto-log' - what does it say?

Auto-decrypt and auto-shrink will only work if there is enough free space to let them run safely ... below a certain point, the auto-processing stops and auto-log shows the message 'insufficient space'.
(For me, on a 1TB drive, the tipping point seems to be around 35GB free. However if you have some large files or HD recordings I think the tipping point will be higher)

Thanks guys, especially Martin.

Content sharing was off. Something must have occurred early January that caused this to switch off. Back on and back decrypting.

So long ago that I initially set this up that I forgot content sharing mattered, or existed, if I'm honest.

Really appreciate you guys coming to my aid.

Thanks again, Jason

And is it still running ?, (I'm sure my English teacher told me not to start a sentence with the word 'and', ah well . . .)
Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. :rolleyes:
Who puts a comma after a question mark and then another sentence in parentheses?

prpr : Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
Who insults other forum users on a regular basis? :rolleyes:. Did you not realise I made the comment about myself rather than another forum user?

Back